Razor's freak accident

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

Amanda Taylor
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Amanda Taylor »

Well, believe it or not... Chuck is on his way home from the hospital tonight! :D :D :D
Saw him just a bit ago and he's looking great!
He'll have home-health care people looking in on him, along with his sons, and of course, the Spainard, not to mention the rest of the Cove crew.
It's beyond belief that not more than 4 days ago we were getting the phone calls of his serious accident, and now, he's headed home and well on the road to recovery.
He'll meet again with the eye dr on Thursday and the neurologist on Friday for the next course of treatments.
His strength and optimism through all of this will no doubt put in back in the lineup soon.
Way to go, Chuck!
Mike Fernandez
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Thanks for the updates Amanda. Chuck will still have the full rounds of antibiotics, painkillers, and many daily eye treatments. He needs his sleep, aplogizes for konking out on us in the hospital :lol: and is not sure if he is ready to leave yet, but the docs say there are more germs in the hospital than at home. Keeping infection out, especially from his eye, is a main priority now. Big Fred said he and Carlin would bring food over on Wednesday. 8) I'm no chef, but Razor's sons can cook.
He's a tough cat, but he went through a hell of a lot in the hospital just a few days ago.
Razor told me it really hurts his head to speak on the phone, so he won't be doing that for a while, but I am sure he would like to see you guys when he is awake.
That's all I have for now. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

Alright good to here your Brother............
Razor
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Razor »

To all my kneelo brothers and family, thanks for your loving support, it helped out very much in a grave situation. I am grateful to be here today to say I love our fine community of kneelos, and the Cove still lives in our hearts forever.
If anyone needs Salsa lessons, The Spaniard and I will be giving them Saturday night. Ole'! :lol:
wanderer

Post by wanderer »

wow i just got online
things happen so fast
hey razor all the best for a speedy recovery
you have allways made me feel like one of the cove family when i have been visiting
ill see you soon take care scott
scott
mutiny

Post by mutiny »

Yeah soooo stoked to see Razor back in the hood alive and well!
he's been through a lot the past few days! its great to hear his voice.
I know his boys and the spaniard are helping a lot with his recovery!!
I was a little bit concerned though when I dropped in on the spaniard and Razor and saw jim putz and scott wanderer there all watching the phantom of the opera together...hmmmm.. they all said it was because of the girls in it but I dont know.......the channel was instantly changed to beavis and butthead...
awesome to see all his friends step in and help him along
get well soon razor
we need to walk to the pier with rell :D
Jimputz

Post by Jimputz »

Wanderer and I step into Razor's house this morning and there's The Spaniard with rubber gloves on watching Phantom of the Opera with Chuck. I think they've both been into the Percocet bottle a little too much.
The women in that movie WERE pretty hot though. :D
Shelfbreak

Post by Shelfbreak »

Slippery slope here Chuck, watch out I suspect Scotty travels with his boxed set of Meryl Streep DVDs !
Shelfbreak
Amanda Taylor

Post by Amanda Taylor »

Joe and I just came back from Razor's house... Nurse Spainard is on it every hour on the hour for those drops.
Let me just say, Spainard makes those gloves look good. :lol:
All kidding aside, Razor's future is looking pretty bright with each day that passes.
Many have brought food over to feed the boys. We sampled some of the lasagne (thanks to Big Fred's wife Carlen...yum).
Razor, we'll see you down at the Cove this weekend. No surfing yet, but plenty of photo ops. :D
khoningford

Post by khoningford »

Geez, and I thought "The Broke Neck" club was gonna be a tough one to crack...now we have the "Hole-in-the-Head" gang. :lol: So stoked to hear that you're going to be okay, Chuck. Having worked a few years in construction, I can tell you that this isn't always the case. You are indeed a lucky man, but I'm sure you already know this.
Like I was telling Amanda the other day, kneeboarders are a tough breed...
spidah da kneeridah
stonefish

razor triple blade

Post by stonefish »

ok Razor , .........glad your alive, not sure how to process the chain of mishaps lately. good humor on the site ! we are our own worst enemas...i mean enemies. no playtex in the lineup!
scott hayward

Post by scott hayward »

Chuck, is the fridge still full? you look great in the photo so i hope your feeling better. in the o.c. tomorrow so hope to see you. If your up to it maybe Jan's for some hava chips and guac. around lunch time. take care ,scott
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

We have an emergency, no chocolate chip cookies. :( :lol: Seriously, Chuck has doc appointments Tues and Wed. Evening time is good. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
Amanda Taylor

Post by Amanda Taylor »

Great News!
Razor's cornea transplant surgery yesterday was successful... he's got vision back in his right eye. His doctors are quite happy with the results.
Thank you to all who sent prayers and healing thoughts his direction.
He is well on the road to recovery.
And now he has better vision on that road. :lol:
cake

Post by cake »

Thanks for posting. I am so happy for you Chuck. See you this weekend at the Cove.