Greg Little(red alert, another one of the tribe down)

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

MWROBERTSON
Legend (Contribution King!)

Greg Little(red alert, another one of the tribe down)

Post by MWROBERTSON »

I saw on facebook that Greg Little is in the hospital. I'm not sure exactly what happened. Any one have any details? I hope is is ok and doing well.

Wishing you the best Greg. :)
Amanda Taylor
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Amanda Taylor »

It's my understanding that Greg had a heart attack yesterday and underwent surgery last night. Don't have any other details right now.
And, he just had his 46th birthday on Wednesday. I got this info from Jack Beresford on the call yesterday.
I know the whole kneelo community will keep him and his family in thought and prayers.
Bob Gove
Local (More than 25 post)

Greg Little

Post by Bob Gove »

Friday evening update: Just got off the phone with Greg and here's the scoop-on the flight back from NY Wednesday (his birthday no less) he felt chest pains and numbing in his arm. Patricia and the kids left that morning for Chile, so he returned home alone feeling lousy and went to sleep. After waking up the next morning still feeling awful he thankfully decided to see the doctor. They diagnosed him as having a heart attack, and immediately took him to Scripps Encinitas where he underwent surgery, inserting stents in his artery (which by the way was almost 100% blocked). Surgery went perfectly, and he has a 100% chance of full recovery. They just pulled the tubes out of his femoral artery tonight, and he is on morphine, but is actually lucid-not even slurring his words! We are all looking forward to seeing him back in the lineup better than ever with an updated ticker!
Last edited by Bob Gove on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

just think how he's going to be able to paddle now :o he's gunna run rings around you old dogs :wink: :lol:

there's a great incentive Greg to get out in the water ASAP
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Hoping for a speedy recovery Greg.
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
mutiny

Post by mutiny »

hope your feeling better greg and stoked you went to the dr. when you did...
i'll be seeing you in the lineup soon
tom
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Greg, I'm glad to see your OK!!...went through this same thing a year ago last July.....mine was a "Triple By Pass"...fortunately were young and fit...I was surfing within 6 months... e/m me bro
"Dunes Local"
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Good to hear the prognosis!

Heal quickly, kind sir! 8)
Akio Matsumoto

Post by Akio Matsumoto »

Greg :shock: Iam So Glad That You Went to See Your DR , Its a Wake Up Call For All Of Us ,Who's Up In Years ,Timeing is Every Thing,To Stay On Top of Your Heath. I Was Put On Med For High Blood Pressure.Iam Glad I Had My Physical. Greg My Best Wishes To You On Your Fast Recovery.And Eric S Told Me to Tell You Also To Get Well Soon .Give Me a Call ,Got Some Tuna For Your Hart. :D
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

NIPPLES :shock:
You're too young and NASTY to be this sick.
So, glad you are making a quick recovery my friend :D
Wayno
mmanners

Your seat is ready sir.

Post by mmanners »

Greg,

Follow Dr's orders and join us out in the line up when you're up to if. If you want to take a look around the cove area, I happen to know that the "OFFICAL Kneelo Cove OTM" (on the mend) Jeep has room for one more. I'm sure Tom and Chuck will be glad to add another voice to thier story sessions.

Be well,
M2
Ler

Post by Ler »

Best wishes Greg Little.
Bob Gove

Greg Little

Post by Bob Gove »

Stopped by yesterday to visit Greg in the hospital. Who else should show up but Jack Beresford, Brad Colwell, Tom Backer, Big Fred and Greg's mom. What a crew! Got to hear Greg ask the hot nurse if it was ok for him to have sex! He was released today, and is recovering at home. He's pretty beat, but overall feeling well and looking forward to surfing soon. He should know more next week about his return to work and the lineup after an appointment with the cardiologist. He had 2 stents put in to open up complete blockage in an artery. Dodged a bullet this time, I think he is down to 8 lives now.
frog

Post by frog »

Good hear he getting better. Greg listen to your Dr. I should know It happen to me to a few years back. Get well soon..
Casey Patelski

PIC OF GREG RIPPING MENTAWAIS

Post by Casey Patelski »

PIC OF GREG RIPPING MENTAWAIS. GET WELL SOON GREG!!! album_showpage.php?full=true&pic_id=15879
CASEY, COVE PADS
COVE PADS,KneeloLab 6-0PoisonDart DeanCleary 3x Cncav Roundtail 5Fin, 6-0 PoisonDart Infinity 3x Cncav Pintail 3 Fin, Blast 5-9StubVector Swallow Quad, 5-9Vartanian Poison Dart 3x Cncav PinTail 3fin, 6-0Flashpoint DoubleBump Swallow & 5-10 WingPin 3fins.