Loosing some lbs.

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

ClanB
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Loosing some lbs.

Post by ClanB »

For anyone who is interested I found a web site that helps count your calories and exercise. It has helped me loose wieght and get in better shape in a short time.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/
Fossil Man
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Fossil Man »

Clan, Thanks for sharing that site, I've lost most of the weight I need to with much less scientific portion control and a whole lot of aerobic exercise. Way too many 20 mile rides on the stationary bike at night while watching kneeboard videos ( only acceptable after wife has fallen asleep on couch ) , I think I've memorized every ride of every video George Blair or Simon Farrer ever made ! It's good to see a program like MFP to take the guess work out of daily meal calories. What I really need to do now is some weight training to replace some of the muscle mass I lost along with the fat.

Robert
Kneeboarding since 1976; always searching for the ultimate sled, always in awe and grateful for the work of master craftsmen, Romanosky, Frye, Cleary, Mc Cray, Timpone, Ballestar, Minami, Hart.
jdc

Post by jdc »

thanks stan

i will be looking into this as 'new years resolve'

my method is too loose a few pounds and ride longer boards to keep the stress of the body.

as Indiana Jones said 'its not the years but the miles'

carrying the middle age spread has been offset by activity up until now but wear and tear is reducing activity so i guess reductions in other areas will counter balance...except board length

merry erry
i like surfing
Angie
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Angie »

So gonna check this out right now.... forget new years resolutions, 5 yrs ago i was a skinny runt, now im fatter than a stuffed pork chop!
Tinso

Post by Tinso »

Eliminated suger from my diet, and swim 1km every morning before work. Went from 86kg and unfit, to 74kg and ready for anything in around 3 months.
Best of all, I still enjoy my Coopers!
...but I like to be different...
skeg

Post by skeg »

Go to bed on as near an empty stomach as you can - apart from water, of course (NB: caffeine/cola liquids can remain in the bloodstream for up to 6 hrs). Your sleeping body must then combust simple (blood sugar) and then complex (body fat tissue) energy source forms in order to maintain regulatory human bodily functioning @37 degrees celcius. Overnight. First thing next day, go for a surf (drink glasses of water beforehand). Your body will be forced to convert remaining said simple and then complex energy source forms into fun activity. Afterwards, eat a nutritious meal, because up to two hours after activity the human body is most receptive to nutrient intake. Now, again, take note: the energy conversion breakdown from body fat tissue is fairly inefficient - as the human body is generally geared for energy storage survival. All this accounts for many a surfer conking out not long after a surf session followed by a meal. PS: I've lost bodyfat this way. PPS: I am not medically qualified in any way, shape or form. PPPS: Seek medical advice before undertaking physical exercise such as surfing.
Kauaikneelo
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Kauaikneelo »

Drop high fructose corn sugar from your diet and you wil lose 15 lbs of fat in months. 8)

BUT.... just try reading lables....that GMO crap is in everything.

Or move to Cali and they will regulate how much sugar you can have! and what kind of oil you should cook with....:shock:
Aloha from the Kingdom of Atooi
jdkneelo

Post by jdkneelo »

yeah well im doing everything right except for the beer and takeaway food
ClanB

Post by ClanB »

Im not giving up the beer! I just drink it less and now I need fewer to enjoy. I eat everything I like but just not when ever I want. I need to make room for things like pizza and beer with exercise like surfing. One thing I dont do anymore is the Rockstar/Redbull every day. I started at 245lbs+ 80 days ago and as of today Im 209lbs. And yea simple sugar is kinda evil.
mmanners

weight loss

Post by mmanners »

I agree about processed sugar, empty stomach when going to sleep, even walking for 20 mins after meals will make a big difference in processing your food. If you want to add something else try adding as much cabbage and celery to your diet. They take more calories to digest that you get out of. Look up the cabbage soup diet, if you stick to it you'll looose at least 5 lbs a week, if you have it to loose. Any aerobic exercise that you do for 30 mins will do wonders.

Good luck mate,
M2
El Kneelo

Re: Loosing some lbs.

Post by El Kneelo »

Breakfast like a king

Lunch like a princess

Dinner like a begger!

That, eating nothing with more than 5 ingredients, cutting carbs and not necessarily logging my food but planning my meals using a site like caloriecount.com has working for me! Just remember: Don't change anything that you can't keep doing for the rest of your life! Otherwise you'll go right back. Shoot for healthy and everything else will follow!
Good luck!

ian