cramps

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

K-man
Legend (Contribution King!)

Wydini think that!

Post by K-man »

Nov wrote:Leaving the flippers at home will sort you out.

printed that out-stuck it on the wall :lol:

K
Nov
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Nov »

:?: :?: :?:
john -

Post by john - »

but k-man, Nov

no flippers - what are they gunna use as topic markers along threads???

i love the wiggly flipper for hot topics

having what is diagnosed as claw toes - i have to wear size extra large flippers - huge things - so mi toes dont get mangled/bad sea ulcer blisters
suffer from cramps very very rarly - usually lack of h2o - have to wear flipper savers in summer, but can wear thick stand up booties in winter - paddle fast.... like flipper!

love the flipper - shite for rock hopping sure!

when i get bigger board maybe then, just to check it out - but the point for not wearing them if no cramps is....?

dorje aka flipper-man :wink:
merely labled
Nov

Post by Nov »

The extra speed!
K-man

FLIPPERS

Post by K-man »

mornin![here anyway]

The flipper thing.Can't wear them.Due to years of generational inbreeding :lol: my feet unlike ya'll;don't lie flush on the deck.The right foot crosses the bottom of the left foot.Yes,it sounds weird,but it works.

Hope your getting waves-may-june pretty good :?:

k
DrStrange

Post by DrStrange »

Hey, K-man, do ya think we could be related? My feet used to do that but I think I did something in the late 60's or early 70's that erm, damaged my DNA. So now, though I am by no means normal, I can pass. And...I can wear flips.
K-man

Whaaaaat?

Post by K-man »

Nov- :?: :?: :?:

Made a comment to something which should have been another part of this site,still not used to the electronic geegaws on this site.
Confusion reigns.Probably the crazed yanks are finally gone round the bend :!: :lol:

K.

Doc.I ain't gone muck with the duckie-fins-quAAAACK. :lol:
john -

Post by john - »

nov

is that to say you ride at the back and your flippers would drag?

if so, point taken :wink:

me - ride a Parkes - centre foward with flipper pads - no problem with drag

to all those with funny feet and toes remember - even the king bowed to the hobbits

dorje
merely labled
K-man

Duckie feets

Post by K-man »

Explain flipper pads please :? Cultural and language differences sometimes make surfie related stuff a bit Errrr,Aaaaa confusing[for me] :lol:
So...I suggest we grab a few linguists [oz-us]Devise a new lingo [esperanza like] specifically for Kbers that will eliminate all confusion.Which will allow us the freedom to speak in tongues the sweaty masses will not comprehend,whilst we gloat nodding our heads sagely.Good friends,although riding inferior craft will be loved and cherished as usual :wink:

Cheers :!:
john -

Post by john - »

Hi K-Man

check out pics of Parkes boards from around the place - the boards the are designed to be ridden in the centre have knee pads and then towards the back have another set of pads for either your feet or flippers - if you dont wear flippers they provide grip and comfort for your feet and i suggest same for flipper wear.

Im not sure if they were designd for grip or comfort :? For wont of a description i call them "flipper pads" - but you on the other side of the time line can read that as "pads for flippers"! :lol:

if you find my board in the photo gallery you will see

i will post this then go find the url and edit in

album_showpage.php?pic_id=1637

cheers

dorje
merely labled
K-man

flipper pads

Post by K-man »

dorje,
Yes have parkes pads on my boards
[see language differences last post]
Didn't want to miss out on exciting new surf gear :!: Gotta keep up with the neighbors ya know. :)

thanks-K
DarcyM

flipper pads

Post by DarcyM »

What I also noticed about the pads on the tail area of the board was that there is sometimes a longitudinal piece down the center, on the stringer line, in between the two side pads. This seems to (from what I observed) be used as a leverage point. By pressing your feet or flippers against this center piece you could get additional rotation in a turn, either by sliding or by holding a rail in a tighter arc.

I didn't care for them myself, I think most of my rotation comes from shoulder and hip. I'm not really aware of what my feet are doing, other than sitting under my butt.

dm
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
K-man

pads

Post by K-man »

Last time I promise :!: Traction pads we call em over here.Just tried my first pair last month[don's got them and lives about 25mi from here]Fronts and rears, and they work real good.Got tired of the wax thing.They're cushy and easy on the old knees.They're abit high,but are beginning to settle in.This is for the benefit of those who haven't followed the wax-pad threads,or for the newer members.My second pair arrived today-think I''ll take off work tomorrow and screw around with boards 8)

:)
Nov

Post by Nov »

dorje wrote:nov

is that to say you ride at the back and your flippers would drag?

if so, point taken :wink:

me - ride a Parkes - centre foward with flipper pads - no problem with drag

to all those with funny feet and toes remember - even the king bowed to the hobbits

dorje
Not sure where I ride, just in small waves I don't like flippers.
john -

Post by john - »

k-man traction pads sounds good to me - a cultural exchange developing into a common language Wink

Hey Darcy - interested in your turning style (hips, shoulder) in terms of rail and fin turning arguments - where do you kneel on your board -

dorje - the curious
merely labled