Do it yourself bodywork

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

DrStrange
Legend (Contribution King!)

Do it yourself bodywork

Post by DrStrange »

Most pro atheletes have very frequent body work esp deep tissue to heal and prevent injuries. Now you too can get this perk via do-it-yuorself system from QVC. Not. Acutally from this website. Books also available from Amazon cheaper (if you don't mind dealing with the devil.).

http://www.yamunabodyrolling.com

Recently came across this. Got book and found my own ball at sporting goods shop. Be careful--if ball too small and/or hard for your size can hurt you, too soft/large not do anygood.

Book one is detailed lot of info but semi techy unless you are familiar with anatomy. book two is basic workouts for anyone. Once you get the basics you can invent your own.

Like having a live-in Rolfer slave! Very cool. Have done sessions on myself last 4 days. Very er, elongating and widening. Less aches and pains, more flexible, better sleep. I'm hooked
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Sounds like you're on the ball, Dr. Strange...........
kbing since plywood days
K-man

health

Post by K-man »

Ya got balls doc :!:

Swell died,but the canadian buoys are up,gonna have another late NW
''The sea is good pablo''Hemingway :?:
DrStrange

Post by DrStrange »

Only one ball so far but you gotta have balls to get in shape!
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

My Physical Therapist for lower back pain introduced me to stretching/strengthening on a ball. Sit-ups are tough! Definitely a good option.
DrStrange

Post by DrStrange »

SF, you've got BIG balls! They are excellent in their own way. This is different. Check you the website and Amazon reviews of her books. 6-9 inch balls really dig into your meat. You go super slow and pause every inch or two and breath and relax into it until the muscle releases. You really have to be patient and put up with some discomfort. Feels a lot like Rolfing. Great endorphin rush after you're done. I did an abdominal session today and could really feel some of my deep holding patterns starting to loosen up.
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Ahhhh sooooo! Very interesting... very interesting indeed!

(Mental note to self: check link before replying...)

Thanks Doc!