My feet hurt, do yours?

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

T Hall
Local (More than 25 post)

My feet hurt, do yours?

Post by T Hall »

Well It's only been 30 years or so that my fat feet have been aching in my fins and I've about reached my limit. I am looking for a set of fins that a pair of really fat feet can fit into comfortably. My feet are EEEE width. Currently I am wearing super XL duckfeet and they work ok but I feel that there has to be something better out there. The toe box on the duck feet are just big enough so that my feet don't ache for about an hour, after that that slow increasing pain begins to build. Also I need to tape my toes with duct tape or the friction within my booties will bloody my toes. Does anybody have any advise? I've gone bootyless but in Monterey without booties you won't even feel your toes bleeding. Ive also used fin sox which are thinner than the standard booty, they work on the toe chaffing but the squeeze from the fins still kills me. Any advise from the crew would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, T Hall.
Nov
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Nov »

TIMO wrote:I have been using octoblades made by hot buttered in Austalia,
I've got wide feet too, these are the best fins ever!
T Hall

Feet be a hurtin

Post by T Hall »

Thanks to Timo and Nov I'll check out those octoblades and see if they do the trick. I'll have to rough it through a few more sessions with my old duck feet XL. I'll let you know if they work for me, Thanks Tim.
nwdude

wide feet / fins / etc

Post by nwdude »

my feet are EEEE 9's - up here in the pacific nw, i must wear 5 mil booties - my fins are the old school churchils - i have no probs - last swell lasted 5 days - at least 2 hrs per day - no probs - hope you find what yu need
stemple
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by stemple »

I get alot of toe rub with any fins. mutated toes I guess. During the fall when I am surfing more often they eventually get calises. The first few go outs are ussually pretty painful unless I wrap up the knuckels of my toes with tape. Ussually this prevent the chaffing while the skin toughens up. I have found duck feet to be powerfull fins but uncomfortable try other brands. Good luck
T Hall

surf fins

Post by T Hall »

Has anybody used a pair of Pod fins? They are supposed to have a soft rubber lining inside the foot box. They are symmetrical, have vents and are dual density as well. Anybody out there used them? If so let us know.
Later, T Hall.
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

After 40+ years in Duck Feet with my EEEE 9 size feet, I've found the Churchill Slashers to be the ticket....with a fin bootie and w/out.
kbing since plywood days