Brain Tumor Update !!!

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

southpeakbrad
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by southpeakbrad »

God Bless and comfort you Techno in your great loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Brad and Sheryl
fooj

Post by fooj »

Techno,

Our deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family. May you find comfort in this time of loss.

The Fujimoto's.
john -

Post by john - »

Dearest Tony

Friday the 8th is a good day from the Tibetan Buddhist perspective for the funeral

its a Dakini Day - Dakinis are the female manifestation of wisdom reality - they dwell in the sky like nature of the heart/soul/mind/spirit

they are that actuality that is beyond birth and death

Vajrayogini is th queen of Kechari - the heaven that is this realm of the Dakini

there are special rituals conducted on this day

we will dedicate the energy for Relle to take abode there

for Tibetan Buddhists this place is like a Swiss Finishing school - then one takes rebirth back here well equipped to continue to benefit others

OM OM OM SARVA BUDDHA DAKINIYE VAJRA VARNANIYE VAJRA VAIROCHANIYE HUM HUM HUM PHAT PHAT PHAT SVAHA

A TIBETAN BUDDHIST DEDICATION

By our virtue may we quickly achieve the spiritual accomplishment of Kechari and then may we lead every sentient being to that very same level

When we die may the protector, with groups of Dakas and Dakinis bearing flowers, parosols and victory banners, offereing us music with cymbals lutes and such, lead us to the land of Kechari
merely labled
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Love to you and your family.

Young Family
Aptos, California
kbing since plywood days
red

Post by red »

I feel for you mate. Sincere condolences.
My thoughts will be with you at the memorial on Friday.
Red
dogtown
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by dogtown »

Tony,there are no words to express how my family and I feel about your loss.Your inner stength is shining through and is an inspiration to all .God bless Relle and all those who care about her.Take care mate regards Dean
"yes grasshopper'when you can walk the rice paper without making a sound,you are ready to leave the temple"
DarcyM

saddened by your loss

Post by DarcyM »

album_showpage.php?pic_id=2628

my rose to you and your family with my condolences
peace and love always,
darcy
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
Techno

Relle's Memorial !!!

Post by Techno »

This will be my final posting in our long ongoing battle with Glio Sarcoma.

As you all know - my wonderful wife Narelle passed away peacefully & painlessly from a long battle with a Brain Tumor (Glio Sarcoma) on Tuesday 5th October.

I had the number 47 in my head - I don't know where it came from - did I dream it ? It just came into my head about 6 months ago. I thought it would be the age that Relle would be when the tumor finally got her - due to how positive she has been over these past months - with that "I'm gunna kick this thing one day" attitude.

Unfortunately - 47 turned out to be weeks - almost to the day from the day she was diagnosed. She never made it to 12 months - and the Doctors told us 6-12 months - they were right - we were wrong.

I planned her memorial around our love of music - and we had over 450 friends - relations and work mates - both Fire and Nursing attend.
Here is the songs that made her Memorial Day so special for all who attended:

1. Van Morrison - Have I told you lately that I love you. (Our wedding Waltz)

2. West Life - I want to grow old with you. (The first words Relle said to me on the church steps after we were married)

3. Rod Stewart - Sailing. (One of Relle's favorite songs and also about the journey she must take alone)

4. House Martins - Caravan of Love. ( Relle's forever song - her favorite song - forever)

5. Billy Bragg - Tank Park Salute. (A song for our kids and what they are going through right now)

6. Bread - Aubrey. (God I miss the girl)

7. John Hiatt - Have a little faith in me. (For those of us who's faith is a little bit diminished)

8. The Brisbane Lions Australian Rules Football Club Song. (They may not have been the 2004 Premiers - but they had Relle as their number 1 supporter)

9. Gary Wright - Dream Weaver. (Take away my worries and my pain - help me make it through the night)

I organized a mate of mine who is a Piper - to play the most soulful rendition of Amazing Grace as Relle's casket was taken from view - he didn't let me down - there wasn't a dry eye in the place.

Her Eulogy was spoken in two parts - one by her boss from her work and also by our sons football coach - who has had Relle's support as team Manager during Davids first season of AFL football.
They both told of a woman with a zest for life - that was at this minute - giving all hell to St Peter and God about the way they are running the place - and about who's stuffup got her there anyway ???

We had a wake the likes have never been seen before around here - she wanted Rum on the bar - and I provided about 5 gallons of it.
People who were not rum drinkers - are now converts to Relle's favorite poison.
A case of Champagne was also knocked back - and those who could remain upright, lasted till about 2.00am in the morning - just like Relle would have wanted it.

I'm now dealing with each day and what it brings - one foot in front of the other - one bill at a time.
The kids are doing ok - not great - but ok !!!
I'm returning to work next Friday - and have a brilliant support group of friends to help me and my family get back into the swing of what life we have left.

It is a terrible feeling that sits inside me - of not wanting to be on the earth anymore - and how easy it would be to join her in heaven - but then 3 small kids remind me - I have their lives in my hands - and Relle would have wanted me to keep going - keep them going - and bring them up the way we had always wanted.
They are the only reason I get out of bed each day ???

The emails - the phone calls have all beeen so uplifting - especially in the days after her passing.
Scoop, your calls pulled me through the worst couple of days that I have ever had to face in my life - thank you my friend.

I have a couple of duties left to perform for Relle as her husband - partner - friend - lover - mate. I have to scatter part of her ashes on the family farm and the other part in the ocean off Coolum.

I really never want to go back to the place again - too many bad memories and too much illness - but this is the last thing I must do for her on this earth - and I will do it with dignity and pride.
I will let you all know the date that I will be scattering her ashes in the pacific - and would request that you all take a minute to absorb the ocean and take in her essence on that same day - wherever you may be ???
The QLD & NSW kneelo's are all invited to attend our ceremony in Coolum with boards - for a proper surfers wife's memorial.
Rum on the bar & a feed at Coolum pub after.

Again - thank you all for your support over these past traumatic months.

Tony - Madelaine - David - Natalya Aubrey.

Between the silence and the dawn
Nature gently sings her song
Of peace and hope and things to be
And mortal souls that will be free.

In time of distress,
May you find peace in your memories.
HAVE SPARE KIDNEY - WILL TRAVEL FOR SURF !!!
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

Techno.......that was awesome.....may the sun shine in your lives once again............my thoughts are with you and your family

steen
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
quadfin

Post by quadfin »

Tony,

I just went and kissed my daughter as she slept after reading your post and will share your story with her.

Now I am going to have a fine Caribbean rum in your Nelle's honor.

John and Hailey
Surf Hard Live Slow
Scott

Post by Scott »

Thanks, Techno, for sharing with us the intimate details of her memorial and wake, your feelings a few weeks later, and your final plans for her remains. Sounds like much hearty laughter recently at certain times and also having to face into the really cold parts of life, parts I've never more than brushed up against.

Wish I could've known Relle; I'll just have to meet you sometime, mate.

1 Cor. 15:54-57.

Scott