Can't get video clips to run

This area is for posting short video clips.

Moderator: Moderator

red
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Can't get video clips to run

Post by red »

I have file associations set to windows media player for .wmv files, and I have advanced set to "play" (rather than open), but I still just see source code when I click the video links in the video page. Any ideas?
I'm running Netscape 7, but this is usually well-behaved with plug-ins.

How big are those files? My vid clips are ending up at 100 Mb for 5 min, incl sound (can't miss out on Guitar Wolf doing "Summertime Blues"!)

How do I post one? (I'm editing a few waves from the 2003 PI contest)
jonny
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by jonny »

have you tried downloading quiktime player ??...you will prolly need that with the .mov files especially... :D
willli
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by willli »

You may want to try this:
get the url to acess the file directly, either start the download click stop and copy the http ect from the address bar, or roll the pointer over the file and see if your browser reports back the address and copy that. either way, once you have the direct url(address) open Windows media player, file-open web location, paste the address directly into the player and it should play. its annoying but worked for me.
Cripple Crusader

Post by Cripple Crusader »

does anyone know if it is possible to post video clips onto this site? or of another site i could post them to and then just put the link in here?
On your knees, if you please
Don
Admin

Post by Don »

Uploading video clips...

Well, as in interim step, I've created an FTP account with the following:

name: transfer
password: kneelo2004

this will connect you to a public upload directory. once the file has been uploaded PM me and I'll put it on the site in the Video page... this board isn't great right now at video uploads and due to the file sizes let's try this method.

I suggest using an FTP client (like WS_FTP) to connect. I don't think Explorer will behave properly with the account I've created.

Give it a shot!
Don Harris