Hurricane Ike Texas Slideshow

This area is for posting short video clips.

Moderator: Moderator

quadfin
Legend (Contribution King!)

Hurricane Ike Texas Slideshow

Post by quadfin »

Put this together while bored and rehabbing my achilles. The kneelo stuffs comes in the second act and is our normal everyday surf. Threw in some beach scenes and worked the girlfriend into the show for self preservation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4hmJGhFOvU
Surf Hard Live Slow
gogglefog
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by gogglefog »

wow, that's the first time i've ever associated lucinda williams with waveriding.

seeing the cove pics is kind of cool. i grew up in houston and we'd make the drive to south padre whenever we could time the cold front swells. the waves seemed so epic at the time especially over on boca chica.
quadfin

Post by quadfin »

gogglefog wrote:wow, that's the first time i've ever associated lucinda williams with waveriding.

seeing the cove pics is kind of cool. i grew up in houston and we'd make the drive to south padre whenever we could time the cold front swells. the waves seemed so epic at the time especially over on boca chica.
Always Boca on the North winds and then hope for the West winds on the Padre side as the front passes. You should come visit sometime.
Surf Hard Live Slow
Scott

Post by Scott »

quadfin, nice music to go with the clips. Why all longboarders on the larger waves? What about the shortboarders? Just curious...
I'm not influenced by the past; I change it!
Man O' War

Post by Man O' War »

part answer to your question

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMRjxzyD ... re=related

(you'd think in TX you could get away from the crowds)
quadfin

Post by quadfin »

Scott wrote:quadfin, nice music to go with the clips. Why all longboarders on the larger waves? What about the shortboarders? Just curious...
The whole North Coast, inclusive of the 4th largest city in the US, evacuated for the storm. Most of the surfers came here. The waves on the upper coast are very mushy and longboards are predominate. They just brought what they ride.

The day before these shots I paddled over to Boca Chica on the other side of the channel and out past the end of the jetties with only 3 people. No one followed. The waves were considerably bigger and the current situation was heavy. Trees and parts of houses in the takeoff zone added to the heaviness.

The day following these shots I surfed the Padre side, head high and perfect with offshores. Very much of our local crowd and not bad at all.
Surf Hard Live Slow
Doc Turbo

Nice Shots, Nice Sequence

Post by Doc Turbo »

:D