Sparrows 1st wave with Go Pro

This area is for posting short video clips.

Moderator: Moderator

farbz
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by farbz »

cheers simon.
I am still tweaking the settings in premier pro cs4.

As for the fogging up.

It happened to me on a real hot day when the water was cold.
Since then I have found out through my brother that his kept turning off.
He had them attached to extreme 4wding.
He worked out through reading the manual that alkaline batteries get really hot in the camera.

I am going to try Lithium or NIHM? as per the instructions.
It even mentions something about lithium is the go for cold weather.

maybe you already knew this though.
Anyway I havent had too many probs with fogging up only in quick climate changes.
wolruss
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by wolruss »

G'day Simon,
8) 8) 7 1/2 years....man that flown past......probably got something to do with the 5 to 7 odd years out of the water :lol: but nothing to do with the amount of damage 53 odd years of abuse can do to the memory :roll: :roll: .
8) 8) It is an amazing wave, gauranteed barrel, plenty of power and I loved the drop from take off :shock: 8)
:D :D Might have to make it a regular stop on the 'circuit' if the lids have migrated, thanks for the heads up. Although if I've got to follow your act out there......... maybe it's just as well I'm a weekend warrior.
Hope things go well for you in NZ, mate.

Cheers Wolruss
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Hi Grayman,
Im using the fcs plugs up the nose of the board. I would not trust what they give you to stick the plate on with. I think Farbz mentioned he used different contact adhesive rather than whats supplied. Its quite small the camera set up & would be hard to find if were torn off by mother nature which is very possible. Thats why i chose the FCS set up. Thanks Bruce for being on board & allowing perfectly good boards to be experimented on. So far ive had one trial run on an average day & got one cool image. Look out on a good day 8).

Farbz,
The weather was warmish & the water was cool so maybe that was a factor?
Im using the Lithium batteries. They are not cheap but thats the price you pay to have the equipment work to its best ability.

Russell
Thanks mate. I just got out from surfing 6ft windang island to myself. A bit wild but well worth it :wink:
GRAYMAN

Post by GRAYMAN »

Cheers for that.

I didn't think the cup looked all that. "tested in a plane's wing a 100mph" apparently. That doesn't equate to much force in water I'm guessing.

G