New Zealand 2009 video's.

This area is for posting short video clips.

Moderator: Moderator

Mike Fernandez
Legend (Contribution King!)

New Zealand 2009 video's.

Post by Mike Fernandez »

2009 New Zealand World Titles memories.
If you were there, I hope it brings memories, if you weren't, I hope you enjoy it. Includes a little titillating video about 5 minutes in. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS-QH5dpo7E

Interview with Baden Smith
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKqX0hTjYrE

Me first time with the board camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsmmoTCG5Ts
Last edited by Mike Fernandez on Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
cake
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by cake »

Thanks Mike, very cool.
Razor

nz

Post by Razor »

good job cove rider :wink: 8) 8)
KEL
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

first time with the camera

Post by KEL »

Mike, that was really cool. I felt like I was on the old people mover at Disneyland....I feel a little sea sick :? KEL
Scott

Post by Scott »

Mike,

Both videos, so different and so special. Thanks for the insight into Baden's life and thoughts. The other video, wow. The solo session really added a lot the purity of the video. Interesting to see the weighting and unweighting on the board. Loved the brief duck diving sequences, and the overall stoke.

How is it you were all alone for this session? What water camera were you using?

Things like this take a lot of time--thanks for investing it.
I'm not influenced by the past; I change it!
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Thanks guys.
Scott, I was using a Hero camera for the first time. Next time I will have to aim it higher. Pretty good quality. I was hoping to use it to do another profile, but things were kinda hectic at times in NZ, and it just didn't work out.
At this location, there were about three reefs in a little more than a mile apart I think. Everyone (WayneK, Mutiny, Barry, Jon Mel, Robb Salfen) but me went and surfed the reef on the left. I went to the one on the right, it looked a bit bigger, and I have never been way out and alone like that before. I was probably a half mile away from the others. Long rides huh! If you time the first couple, they are over a minute.
I had more video footage, but somehow it was lost. I think I got the best stuff though. Thanks for the nice comments. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

Rocky Point/Black Rock
Anthony B

Post by Anthony B »

Im hoping someone will take some footage of a surfer in front of them surfing,would make for a great angle 8)
What do u reckon Mike :?:
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

New video is posted at the top of the page. :wink:

Rocky Point/Black Rock
red

Post by red »

Very nice, Mike.
I particularly like your mix of stills and video
Good to meet you and the others, and to catch up with old friends like Barry, Don, Wayne and Bob
Red
Casey Patelski

Post by Casey Patelski »

Nice work Mike. Some slow-mo edits, front and back view edits on same wave, underwater and just enough natural sound. Great interview docuslides too with Baden. Really liked the still shot of the 3 of you with your boards in the forest shot from down low looking up, very "Hendrix Album Cover like". Stoked. Casey
COVE PADS,KneeloLab 6-0PoisonDart DeanCleary 3x Cncav Roundtail 5Fin, 6-0 PoisonDart Infinity 3x Cncav Pintail 3 Fin, Blast 5-9StubVector Swallow Quad, 5-9Vartanian Poison Dart 3x Cncav PinTail 3fin, 6-0Flashpoint DoubleBump Swallow & 5-10 WingPin 3fins.
scoop

Post by scoop »

Im hoping someone will take some footage of a surfer in front of them surfing,would make for a great angle
Come down to Garie on Sunday ... I got mine today and there are a few other's with them in the club... will see what footage comes back next week
My board is in getting the plug done tonight
cheers
Tony
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Thanks Red, and Casey! Red did you sell your board in NZ? It was a beauty, and a good price.
Anthony, if it were a friend, you would have to be pretty close because the camera is such a wide angle, it makes stuff look small. Might get the board dinged, if it was some guy dropping in on me, it would be good footage of me running him over :lol: :wink:

Rocky Point/Black Rock
Anthony B

Post by Anthony B »

Scoop would have loved to join you guys at Garie on Sunday :) I used to be a member of the sydney club yrs ago when Gav would run amok with young Mugsy . The Scotty Laughton days :shock: Garie was one of my stomping grounds for many years as was Era and the park(stanwell).Used to call in and pick up big Eric Hahn on many occasion.Say hello to Mash if he goes. Hope the day goes well.Anthony Bonello :D
Bintang Bob

Post by Bintang Bob »

thanks Mike..... 8)
Kneel before the majesty of our mother ocean
szrbloke

Post by szrbloke »

Lovely stuff Mike, NZ is a special place. Kneeboarders are special dudes. And the interview with Baden has totally changed my opinion of him, admittedly based on a rushed conversation in er.....about 1984... :D
all the best,

Scotty