Nothing new about new board time ?

This area is for posting short video clips.

Moderator: Moderator

stevea
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Nothing new about new board time ?

Post by stevea »

Everyone wants one sometimes they come more than Santa more often not .
Im in the often not class 2 years since i ran my hands over the velvety smooth curves of a freshly finished board
Whats new is where i previously was hands on from go to whoa in a less than perfect environment picture shed garage lean to BUT.
Through the generosity and goodness of hart Mr Flashpoint, Bruce Hart allowed me to shape my new toy in his state of the art shaping bay
Then comes the finishing where thanks to the whole Warner Surfboard factory crew is in order not just the professional finish par excellence but the sharing of a few beers and yarns on the past present and future and the intoxicating aroma of any board factory
So whats new is im armed and loaded with the first truly professionally made toy in more years than i can remember
One of the other things i cant remember is how to post pics help[/img]
finger

Post by finger »

Good to read and feel your stoke steve. Good luck with the newy.
ross
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by ross »

8) 8) :D
greg "swivel"
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by greg "swivel" »

Congratzat you got to build and partisipate in New Ride ....Hope it iz a magic carpet 4 ya , a magic Board and thanx 4 shareing your Stoke and awsome you got t o take advantage and thingz lined up in that You are able to share with us....Hope to see ya in the Line up or deep in a snarling barrel!! 8) :wink: 8)
~"Be Seein Ya From The Inside Lookin Out"~
~"SWIVEL"~
~GH~
Headwax.

Post by Headwax. »

[albumimg]25822[/albumimg]

ho great board steve

!

who's the guy with it? heh just kidding

pi565ing onshore here today ;(
halbs

Post by halbs »

Hey Steve sounds like a great team effort which surely will result in a magic board, well done to all involved. I am currently trying to work out what tail shape to go for on a newy and going a bit smaller after being inspired by Ross, Damo and Simon and basically surfing my 5'10 to death at Red Buff, North Sumatra and Ulus! I snapped a leggie at Ulus a few weeks back, not pretty.
The whole tribe are heading your way on November 1st until mid December catch up for a beer or a coffee!
getting there is often as good as getting there
KEL

Post by KEL »

beautiful board steve, have fun in indo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Headwax.

Post by Headwax. »

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4089/510 ... 0b0b33.jpg

oh at maroubra the other day picking up some old old surf mags. This morn I was going through them and found this note - and some other interesting stuff

Have no idea who wrote it (glen Perry?) , must have been when I was ordering a new board - thought it might be of interest (1979??)

now let's see 'before' 1.oclock?

after 1.00 is bintang time?

gets some waves for us eh?
Last edited by Headwax. on Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomway

Post by tomway »

Looks great steve! What are all those wobbles in the tail tho :lol: Look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Hope you can come and visit soon. I've made looooads of little discoveries close to home. One of the biggest is that that little boulder point we surfed back when is actually consistent and really fun with a bit more swell.

Halbs, you're in indo so often with your family it really is about time you moved. There are a load of jobs coming up at my school next year, all grades from reception-high school. Not tempted?
halbs

Post by halbs »

Tom always tempted, after my year sabbatical I think I may be able to rejoin the working ranks and so we will start applying for gigs all over the place!

Perhaps this trip we may be able to catch up??
cheers Grant
getting there is often as good as getting there
stevea

nothing new about new board time ?

Post by stevea »

Thanks guys, my girlfriend said if i keep going on about my new board she s going to leave me but after 5 surf s a rear fin tune up (i overdid it on size)its all good n only getting better if i can get my session wave count into double figures ,now what was her name
Headwax thats classic coz its reminds of why i went there ,i am sure it was Glenn Perry the year 1981 .The reasons Fitz didnt like that i had applied to join the firies who after 25 years of protecting life and property awarded me a lifetime sponsorship to live the life here in Indonesia