Baja Kneelos

This area is for posting short video clips.

Moderator: Moderator

skansand
Legend (Contribution King!)

Baja Kneelos

Post by skansand »

Bob Gove! , please PM me with the location of this spot! 8) :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcT97a6Q ... re=related
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
Bob Gove
Local (More than 25 post)

Baja Kneelos

Post by Bob Gove »

I could tell you where it is, but then I would have to kill you! Even if you knew the name of the place, it is difficult to find. The first time I tried to find it, I missed the point, and wound up a few miles south with no waves, but bought the biggest lobster I have ever seen from the locals for a 6 pack of coca cola! Chad and I have been there a number of times and have gotten it good, but not as good as I hear it can get. It has to be a big swell with a lot of west in it-210 degrees or better, or a big nw 270 or less. Go to Google earth and start looking at all the points south of El Rosario. It's there, you just need to have the tenacity to find it. Cudos to Chad for the first video footage of kneelos at this spot, and Art Ekstrom for joining us on the adventure.
skansand

Post by skansand »

8) Awsome info to have. I need to make a baja run soon... smooth surfing in that video senor.. Gracias
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
barry

Post by barry »

Good Luck Matt with your search
Bob isn't this the place where the tsunami/tidal surge washed through camp and floated your friends tent away while he was in it!!!!!
Bob Gove

Baja Kneelos

Post by Bob Gove »

No, that spot was only 4 hrs. south, this spot if more like 10 hrs. In the video you can see our vehicles at the bottom of a boat ramp that they had just bulldozed in. We dug out holes for our tires on the uphill side, and drove into them to level out the trucks. Surrounding cliffs were very unstable, with constant mini landslides, so you had to be careful where you pitched a tent. Setup is a long righthand sand pointbreak that wraps into a beachbreak at the end of the ride. It likes a low tide, and blows sideshore/offshore all day, as long as the wind doesn't have any south in it. Didn't make it down there this summer as we heard the sand was missing from last winter's swells. Apparently when it is on, it is one of the best barrels in Baja, but it is very fickle. It needs a lot of swell from the right direction, and I haven't caught it anywhere near as good as it gets. There was some footage of it shot a few years back, I think the Malloy brothers were in it. The drive out goes through some of the most ancient and senic seguaro cactus fields I have ever seen, makes you realize you are miles from nowhere. It's always a good idea to go with another rig in case you have mechanical or medical problems. Seek and ye shall find!