Quick video clip of our time in Oz

This area is for posting short video clips.

Moderator: Moderator

Dunc
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Quick video clip of our time in Oz

Post by Dunc »

Just a short clip that gives a flavour of our time in Phillip Island. We had a good time while we were over and would like to thank everyone who extended us a warm welcome. Also thanks to Jim Brown and the crew for putting the time in to organise the event.

Good times, new friends, warm water and waves - not great waves but at least we surfed everyday.

Hopefully there is a lot better footage out there than I got I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Kev
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Kev »

nice work
as a local, the roads, the city drive by, the colours, the waves, it all looked very familiar and tells the story well.
I did the walk down to Pyramid Rock for the first time last week, as you did but I did it on a day that wasn't raining.
You saw the Island on a bleak rainy day and it probably reminded you of home.
Winter would have given you much lower temperatures nearer 10C and then you would have been home sick.

It was great to meet the kneelo mag crew.
8)
Anthony B

Post by Anthony B »

Hey Dunc nice bit of work ,glad :) you had a great time.
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

hey pod boy, bet it's good to get back home to your own bed :lol:
nice little vid though, did you get any more footage of the saturday?

I brought a lurgy back home with me and have been missing some nice waves but this morning was 6' & off shore so fukit dosed up on cold & flu tabs and hit it, got some bombs, but paying for it now.
BTW water temp. here is 24 ish & the suns out............ sorry Al
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
Amanda Taylor

Post by Amanda Taylor »

Hey Dunc,
Great Video. Loved to see what we've been hearing about. Glad you had a good time and home to see you at the 2013 worlds. JT and I will be there for sure!
I know the US team had a great time also (and some still are...LUCKY).
Scott

Post by Scott »

Nice editing, mixing in still with video, Dunc. Hope there's more to come to help us get a visual feel for what took place. Where was all that surfing before the contest began?
Dunc

Post by Dunc »

That's pretty much all the footage I got. I left my big camera at home as I rightly assumed there'd be a hundred lenses there already - looking forward to seeing all the pictures.

The distant surfing on there is on the inside at Woolamai. I should've got in the water with the camera to get better footage. Mind you with those rips I'd have needed my passport.

The home bed is definitely better than the pod. I thought the thing might go over on storm night. We were camped at Woolamai behind the surf club with a sail up! The bogan monster in the room below never helps with a nights sleep either :lol:

I bought the lurgy back too along with a healthy bought of jet lag. I'm going to try and get in tonight but i'm not looking forward to 8 degree water. The weather while we were there was great a bit of variety always makes a pom feel at home. Shame the waves wheren't a little bit better.

Just been talking to Bryn about Kneelo Mag 4 and getting him psyched up on everyones enthusiasm. It won't be long. Any pictures or submission ideas are always welcome.