Kneeboard legend Peter "The Friar" Ware.

This area is for posting short video clips.

Moderator: Moderator

Mike Fernandez
Legend (Contribution King!)

Kneeboard legend Peter "The Friar" Ware.

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Kneeboard legend Peter "The Friar" Ware of Friar Tuck kneeboard fame talks about shaping and inventing the quad fin while on a trip to California and Baja. Ware also created professional surfing's man on man heats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xygINOuoNms
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
MWROBERTSON

Peter

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Wow!

Mike, great job on the video with Peter. That was one of the more interesting pieces that has been on the site in awhile.

I sure enjoyed meeting Peter at the dinner here in the OC awhile back. Peter seems so open and free to share his background, ideas and experiences to anyone who asks.

This is the kind of piece that helps build and keep a proud heritage in our beloved form of wave riding.

Cheers to Mike & Peter! 8)
Mark Ramirez

Post by Mark Ramirez »

That has to be one of the most informative videos that I have the pleasure of watching! The man is a bundle of knowledge about kneeboards, thanks, Mike.
K-man

Post by K-man »

+1..... :)
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

Fantastic work, Ferndawg.

Great editing too!
Shelfbreak
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Shelfbreak »

Thank you Mike

Can we ask who Peter was shaping for ?

:)
Shelfbreak
Scott

Post by Scott »

Informative and captivating, especially with the added sequences of shaping a board for someone, and some of him enjoying his surfing! Timely that I'm seeing this tonight, as I will be heading up to the SF/Pacifica area 8 hours for a dawn patrol session with Peter and his son-in-law; there's some new NW ground swell--should be head high plus. And I have some new questions for Peter after watching this video
I'm not influenced by the past; I change it!
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Wow, thanks all! I was bummed I couldn't get more surf footage, but Mother Nature wasn't complying by bringing in fog on such a nice day.
I wasn't sure it would come together, but Peter had so many important things to say, that I guess it worked. Peter was shaping a board for Big Tony and luckily me.
Glad you guys enjoyed the movie. I'll always jump at the chance to tell a good story. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

Rocky Point/Black Rock
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

Big Thumbs Up :!: :D 8)
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

Big Thumbs Up :!: :D 8)
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

One more time :wink:
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Definitely worked Mike, excellent!

We heard about the boards today.

OBSF gathering:

Peter, his son-in-law, Jamie, Don, Scott, Randy (WAS THERE) Reed and I gathered in hopes of surf.

Denied.

Winds hacked it after what was a fun day yesterday (Randy, Jamie and I got some independently)

So we ended up at the 'Onshore Cafe' (Don's name for Lou's over Sutro Baths.)

Spending a breakfast isn't enough to fully soak in meeting new friends and catching up after a long off-season with the crew.

That said, IF we had as expected, conversation might have been 'Going left or right?'

All in all, a memorable week!

*Don deserves a hand for bombing down here from Mendocino... Don, Peter... next time, next time

:D
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Thanks SF.
Breakfast can be way better than surfing. You'd have to surf 15ft OB to get a knarlier story than the one's Big Fred, Mutiny, or I could tell you about breakfast together. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rocky Point/Black Rock
Peter Ware
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Peter Ware »

Thank you California. To everyone we have meet and surfed with thank you. We have had a wonderful trip. The surf did not co-operate but the warm welcome from everywhere we have been in and out of the water was unbelievable.
Thank you B/Tony and Mike F for all you organized and I really enjoyed shaping boards for you in Huntington and I hope you enjoy surfing them. To all the kneeboarders I meet and surfed with thank you for listening to my stories and history of kneeboarding and sharing your waves with me.
Thank you Mike for asking to do a video and coming to Mexico to surf and do the video. We had a great time and really enjoyed your company.
We hope to stay in touch and share more through KSUSA. Also we look forward to sharing waves with you all in Byon Bay when you come downunder.
Off now to our last leg 5 days in Hawaii. Any kneeboarders that would like to catch up and maybe have a surf I would love to hear from you. Just send me a message through KSUSSA.
Peter
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

It was great meeting and surfing with you Peter. Loved hanging with your family in Baja of all places at a time when most people won't go down there.
Thanks for the privilege of letting me do a video on you.
Hope you get some epic waves in Hawaii and hook up with Bud and Lee Pattison. See you in Oz. :wink:

Rocky Point/Black Rock