NSSA Kneeboard

This area is for posting short video clips.

Moderator: Moderator

Kurt
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

NSSA Kneeboard

Post by Kurt »

Just a few Waves from the NSSA Kneeboard Comp Final at Pleasure Point 3-14-15.....Congratulations Mike Neal

https://youtu.be/KWoH_JaWS30
Surf More Stress Less
tahiti_nui
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by tahiti_nui »

Thanks so much for running the shutter on a few for us.
Several of us talked of driving up from SoCal to watch but when the final forecast came out things looked a bit small. Was encouraged for the guys in the final because late in the afternoon looked to be the best part of the swell.
Watching the action reminded me of the event in Salt Creek last year where they had an issue keeping the locals clear of the contest zone.
Congratulations to all the guys who paddled out and we hope to make the next one in two weeks.
Scott
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Scott »

Nice to watch some video, Kurt. I appreciate your doing this, plus the screenshots you placed on this site, too.

Randy Reed and Mike Neal reported the final results to me as:
1st place: Roger Hughes
2nd place: Mike Neal
3rd place: Don Harris
4th place: Randy Reed

Big congrats to Roger, who has won both the December contest at The Lane and this contest at Pleasure Point!

And following the event, John & Kim Mel came through in a grand way, hosting a BBQ at their beautiful home for the contestants and friends. Great event, I'm sure, but no one's telling me anything so there must be secrets there! (I had to leave immediately after my heat for a wedding event elsewhere).

One more NorCal NSSA contest remains: March 28, back at Pleasure Point.
I'm not influenced by the past; I change it!
Kurt

NSSA Kneeboard

Post by Kurt »

First of all my apologies and congratulations to " Roger Hughes".. I could of swore they had Mike Neal up on the final board...An truly congratulations to everyone that took part, it look like such a fun event!..What can you say about the weather....Santa Cruz in March???? 82 degrees and at least some waves???...it was kind of an amazing day..It was an honor for me to shake hands with Don Harris an Icon in our sport, and to see my fave shaper and shop owner John Mel of Freeline Design..... an Icon of my youth,
I ran up the cliff after the final, packing up cam and backpack i hopes to share in the after event ...but everyone was GONE...I guess all bombed for John's place.

Although I have kneeboarded most all my life..on again off again..this year with the help of Scott Weslling KSUSA and Facebook I have never felt more in touch with the whole Kneeboard community around the world...
Kneeboarding has been quite a solo mission in life...once upon at time it was my buddies tapping on my window in the dark, to stack kneeboards on the old Buick Special for Dawn Patrols..but i'm the solo survivor of that pack and that was a 100 years ago anyways. But this year is different head held higher with Kneeboarder pride..

...Very welcome for the pix and video my honor ...sorry i missed some of the final as I went for a surf at Swear's between the last heat and the final....my timing was a little off as some really good waves came through over there....

I thought some quotes from just recently past Lenoard Nimoy might be in order as I believe that most of us there were children of the 60's.....But that little Boy telling his Dad....."I have never heard of a Kneeeeeeboarder contest before"....was just classic...

Ok Congratulations to all and hope to do it again on the 28th

Aloha

Kurt

Surf More Stress Less