Feedback on Now and Then .

This area is for posting short video clips.

Moderator: Moderator

Sparrow
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Sparrow »

Hey Dorje & Xmas,
I hear you guys loud & clear though im still on holidays up in QLD.
Will look in to it when I can.
Xmas hope you & Mel got home OK. Took 15hrs with the kids.
Those trucks where a pain! :roll:
Xmas
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Xmas »

Hey Sparrow - hope u have got a couple of quality Sunshine Coast cylinders.

Mel reckons she saw Bec holding up a sick bag as u drove past :D
Cripple Crusader

Post by Cripple Crusader »

Sparrow,

Cracking film, especially when considering the budget and time commitments. After having it for 2 weeks my copy is already getting pretty worn!! :lol:
Best scene's for me is section with Dean Bould (I think thats his name) on the sucking right-hander. Good mellow surfing, in the right places and that wave just looks cracking the way it sucks up.... oh, and Deadmans!!!

My only 'bad' comment..... where is the section at the end with all the disatrous wipeouts??!!!??!! OK, I have a bit of a black sense of humour, but you guys must wipe-out sometime!!!! I'll volunteer myself for worst wipe-out in Hawaii..... I'm sure it'll happen anyway!! :?

If you're looking for a title for the next one....... "Hawaii Kneel-0" :wink: :roll:
On your knees, if you please
john -

Post by john - »

Nice work sparrow!!! very happy to have it in the collection and I like the fact that i am now starting to out muscle "The Wiggles" on the vid shelf - even the eldest likes to sit and watch and she now recognises tubes but calls them tunnels

again I dont mind the smaller waves as it opens up possibilities for what should be done with what is the size i get to surf on the most - real life

also i think now that i have two vids with a third from Hawaii coming in the future there is less reason to judge them individually - "sparrow and friends" combined with "now and then" combined with an Hawaian film should make a great box set of the full range of kneeriding possibilities

so the vids have been my family's birthday then Christmas presents to me this year and im feeling very much involved with an enjoyment that for years was getting continually more isolated

cheers

dorje

oh - i think the variety of surfing styles due to the number covered is the best feature - along with putting some faces and styles to names - again with the Hawaiian vid it will be great to place global faces to names in the future
merely labled
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Dorje & Scott,
You made my day! :D
Thanks for the kind words, all I hope for is that kneeboarders get a stoke out of my films & it inspires them to get out & have a go :D
Bring on Hawaii :twisted:
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

What is the easiest way to purchase Sparrow's videos (both old and new) here in the states?

Curtis
albert

Post by albert »

Don Harris has copies...
PM or email or call him
Ler

NOW & THEN

Post by Ler »

I really like this video and I would like to thank the people involved for putting out there. Good job. I wish the U.S. would do something similar.

Ler
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Hey cpodom, :)
As Albert has said, Don Harris is the man to order the video's from.

dharris@ksusa.org

Though Don does not have any of the older video "The Sparrow Has Landed & Friends" which I can organize for you if you like!
I can send a copy of the older video to Don & then you can get both video's at the same time.
Let me know cpodom & I can start the ball rolling straight away. :)

Sparrow

Hey Ler,
glad you liked the video.
The next video is going to be made in Hawaii throughout the month of February 2005. This is the best chance for me to film a lot of Americans & show off different styles of kneeboarding & equipment which has not been available to me before. I plan on doing a lot of filming & interviewing getting a much more personal feel to this video. All I need is for as many people to get over to Hawaii during the month of Feb for any period of time to make this happen. Im encouraging as many American kneelos to get behind this so we can capture this event & give it a truley international feel. I am after all nations not just USA so to all who are reading this the invitation is for all "KNEEBOARDERS"
Contact Buddy when you are going to be in town.
See every one in Hawaii :D

Sparrow
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

Sparrow,

Thanks for the info, I would like to purchase the older videos as well and have sent Don an email stating that.

Curtis
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Simon - I may have found some soundtrack for your upcoming Hawaiian footage. My old surf buddy and band mate from Kauai, Ken Emerson, has just been nominated for a Grammy for his slack key guitar work.
www.kenemerson.com

I'll keep you posted.

-Dan
kbing since plywood days
john -

Post by john - »

Sparrow

victoria had just had 5 days of good swell with more on the way - many video images entering my head - helps focus - a visual training map - still by far the best images for me in terms of progression has been the deadmans footage from 'with friends' - theres been some bigger close out type waves - (for me :shock: ) and taking them on and working my way through the sections has been inspired from that

my 2cents for big wave sound track - songs from "Jaws of Life" - earlyish Hunters and Collectors - as a paramedic you might appreciate the title - songs of note - "The Slab" - classic australian stuff and "Red lane"

all good but

dorje
merely labled
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

all good but..............permission on copyright and cost :cry:
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
john -

Post by john - »

optimistic that old rockers have a heart or an interest in the longevity of their music beyond the late 80's - but...your probably right Steenos - still good sound track for the stero on the way to the action or in the head - imagine having that brass section accompanying a solid take off

- like nights at the Seaview Ballroom in St kilda circa 84
merely labled