Feedback on Now and Then .

This area is for posting short video clips.

Moderator: Moderator

southpeakbrad
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by southpeakbrad »

Dear Sparrow,
Thanks for "Now and Then", it's awesome. You and your mates rip! Many of us can't make the NSG, soooooooooooooo....
Please come to California with your camera :D I'm sure you and Bec would be well taken care of!
-Brad
Jeff
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Jeff »

I second that :D whats up Simon
wolruss

now and then

Post by wolruss »

:shock: :shock: 8) :oops:
G'day, firstly I must say I'm absolutely stoked to see so many fellow kboarders - world wide ! - this site........ with a chat room( I hope I got that right) man I'm trying to go thru all the archives.....speachless -thanks sparrow for mentioning it when I came around to buy the'Now and Then'
dvd; this dvd ( also getting a couple a pairs of boardies for xmas too small to hold in all those goodies I've been eating for the last couple of years) combined with this web site have been the prime motivation behind me losing a couple of stone( a couple more to go yet ) and getting back into the water and the stoke, man I'm chuffed. The last couple of times I'd been out was really only in the form of a turning buoy for the young fellas,
but last weekend with the new exercise regime underway and being able to lie flat on my (old ) board after a half a dozen waves I felt the old mojo coming back.

Hart,
most impressed with what I have read in the design forum - I am fairly keen to change the old board into a new one fairly shortly, what would be the best way for me to contact you regarding buying a new board:?:
Again, thanks to everyone especially to sparrow for the dvd and your kind words when I picked it up/ Hart for your wise scribes in the design forum - love to read all that stuff even if not all of it sinks in, and to all of you whom I read in the forums collectively you've all helped me get my stoke back - just up to me to maintain, hopefully with a new flashpoint.

Jees I just read that all back - I don't think I've spoken that many words in one sitting let alone typing so much - have I mentioned I'm stoked.

chiao for now
Don
Admin

Welcome aboard Wolruss...

Post by Don »

Take your time... great source of information here... some more relevant than others :lol:

Good people to hang out with here.

Hope you're getting swell.

Cheers,

Don
Don Harris
hart

now and then..again

Post by hart »

:lol:

what a good post from the wolruss..enlightening :idea:

and also from the guy who puts this all together.. :D

I help Simon out by making his dvd (vid) available to all kneebo0arders that I see.

it could be Jason (my nephew) or Damo (me mate)..doesn't matter

or it could be Bill from Florida or Roxanne from Orange in OZ (2 true :) )

over 30 somethin' copies out there (so far) in a matter of weeks.. including Japan!! :D

and all from this little black duck alone 8)

hart

PS

Imagine then, what's happening in the real world :arrow: !!

question mark.

PPS

and Daffy (Duck) was always my favourate from Warner Bros

(brett..that is all for you right now)

and to 'w'..

thx heaps

and to everyone else..heaps again

:!:

PPPS

Orange NSW is 5 hours..one way west, from the coast
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Welcome, Wolruss. See...you weren't the only kneeboarder left in the world! This site has really brought the KB brother/sisterhood out of the woodwork and into the light.

A good suggestion is to leave that old KB in the rafters and jump headlong onto one of Hart's new designs ASAP. As many of us have found out - the old days are just that - old. T

There is a brave new world of KBing out there and the new boards are our ticket to ride.

Stay wet-
Surfhorn
kbing since plywood days
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

:D :D :D :D
thx Don, Hart & Surfhorn,
I've only got access to the internet via work station, so I can only check this out when work isn't so hectic ( or da boss ain't around )
but I generally check it out once or twice a day.
I still can't get over it, I thought we were a dying breed.
Also I've made arrangements for the trip north to see hart and quite possibly order a new kboard.
Back out in the water last friday arvo and saturday morning before the swell died - am still unable to believe I'm out there doin' it - dolphins jumping 2-3 foot away from me - the feel of the water - having a quiet chat to fellow water lovers and watching the young fellas hooting over a reo or wipeout they've just done and sharing the same stoke
Absolutely great to be alive - I sincerely hope I'm not making anybody sick here - but its like finding a bundle of dollars you didn't know you had.
Sorry people I'll try and tone it down and see if I can find or start a forum on "THE STOKE OF IT ALL". Besides I've got build myself up to Ripper - contribution king without getting banned by my co-contributers.
Regards to all.
Wolruss
DrStrange

Post by DrStrange »

Wolruss, please do NOT tone it down for me! You've got the true spirit. Why else be alive? Glad you found the site
HALFMANRIPS/MIKE GARRETT

WOW !!

Post by HALFMANRIPS/MIKE GARRETT »

:P :P
THANK"S WOLRUSS FOR GETTING ME FIRED UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted: :evil: :x KEEP THE FIRE ALIVE :x :twisted: :evil:

KEEP ON RIPPIN !!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
wolruss

THE STOKE

Post by wolruss »

:D :D :!: :!: :lol: :lol:
YYYYEEEEHHHHAAAAA :!: :!: :!:
It would be UNREAL to be able to surf with you guys, hey and you gals too.
Reckon thats one of the better things thats changed since I used to get out there and thats seeing you gals out the back having a go.
And what a difference a new board makes, didn't think I could be any more stoked than I was.
I'm looking forward to Bendalong and meeting other kboarders, watching and learning being part of something thats truely amazing to me - the kboarding clan.
Cheers big ears, I LOVE IT.
(Sincerely think the word stoke is a bit overused)....................................
SSSSSTTTTTTTTOOOOOOKKKKKEEEEDDDD OUT OF MY BRAIN
wolruss
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

cheers big ears

thats the way she goes.....big nose :D

stoke your stoked
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
DYdamo

wolruss, I know the feeling....

Post by DYdamo »

You could'nt of explained it any better. I myself have only just got back into the water after a 6 year hibernation. (work, marriage, kids - the whole kit and kaboodle). I made it my new year resolution to get back into the water and frequenting this site motivates me a helluva lot! I gave Bruca a call and he hooked me with a board to ride and I also rode one of Simons (sparrow) - (hope he didn't mind!) - Couple weeks later and Bruce has made me new one and I cant believe how much it's all changed.
Absolutely love it, dont know why I didn't do it earlier. Good luck and glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Ciao
Xmas

Post by Xmas »

DYdamo - Mr Hart speaks very highly of you and u would be aware that a certain poster still adorns the walls of 236 Harbord Rd :wink:

It's all good when people get back into the water!!