North SD County Icon Jim Fandry RIP

This forum is for discussion on people who have left the kneeriding community a better sport and fraternity because of their contributions and presence...

Moderators: Moderator, Jack Beresford

RW
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

North SD County Icon Jim Fandry RIP

Post by RW »

Paddle Out in Memory of Jim Fandry

All,

For those of you who did not hear, I am sorry to bring the news of Jim Fandry passing away.

Jim for those of you who may have only know him by his first name was a Kneeboarder that surfed Scripps, Ponto and Swamiis frequently. He was also the ding repair guy for Wavelines, K-Five, the MCHS Surf Team, and most of the Surfing Community in the entire North County Inland Area.

Anyway I just found out about Jim's passing myself, and wanted to get the word out about his Memorial Paddle Out.

It will take place this coming Saturday October 7th at 9am at Swamiis.

Jim was a wonderful person, that was always stoked to share surf stories with anyone that was fortunate to be in his presence. He was also always extremely generous to the surfing groms (giving Bro deals for ding repairs, rushing repair jobs to help them get back in the water as soon as possible, and teaching his craft to them while telling those great Surf Stories that he was known for). Jim will bemissed by many.

For those of you who cannot make the Paddle Out, please take a moment of prayer/thought for ourfriend Jim.

Mike Schoaff

ps It sounds as though Jim passed away in his sleep from a blood clot. It appears that he did not suffer at all.

I only recieved this sad news today. Hope some of you NC guys can make it for one of our own. Jim was known far and wide for his big heart and service within the local surf industry. He'll be hard to replace.:(

RW
shoulder huggin' chickens
Scott
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Scott »

RW and Martin, thanks for the bio on Jim. Sounds like he'll really be missed...