Dale Anderson will be missed in Santa Cruz and Hawaii

This forum is for discussion on people who have left the kneeriding community a better sport and fraternity because of their contributions and presence...

Moderators: Moderator, Jack Beresford

Jon Manss
Legend (Contribution King!)

Dale Anderson will be missed in Santa Cruz and Hawaii

Post by Jon Manss »

I know there aren't a lot of you who knew Dale Anderson but he was a Santa Cruz locol- kneeboarder-body surfer- waterman. He passed away last night. He was 56. If you have seen the proto kneeboard video Scott made then you saw Dale on a plywood paipo belly boarding. He moved to the big island 23 years ago. He came back just a year ago for a reunion with us and looked great. It is always sad to lose a freind, Bob Duboise was one of his best. My heart goes out to his family and freinds.
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Dang. Sorry to hear this.

Jon - Did you talk with Bob? Is there going to be a service?

Best,
Dan
kbing since plywood days
matt cunningham
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

dale

Post by matt cunningham »

Wow. I met Bob Dubois and Dale in 1978 on a Santa Cruz Surf trip with my fried Olivier. They, along with another friend whose name I forget(he worked at a market and listened to a weather radio 24/7 to gauge wind and swell) took us all over Santa Cruz kneeboarding. We surfed Scott's Creek, Three Mile, Four Mile, Natural Bridges, Moss and other spots. Their hospitality and kindness will always be remembered.

God Bless and My thoughts are with Dale's friends and family
Matt Cunningham
Jon Manss

Post by Jon Manss »

Thanks Matt for the history. Dan his ashes are to be spread in his lovely Hawaiin local.