Phillip Island Kneeboard Classic 07 - who is going ?

This forum is for discussion on people who have left the kneeriding community a better sport and fraternity because of their contributions and presence...

Moderators: Moderator, Jack Beresford

jamie
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Phillip Island Kneeboard Classic 07 - who is going ?

Post by jamie »

I spoke to Neil Luke yesterday and PI 07 has over 65 entries this year as of 30th October.
Including on the entry list
4 world open champions- including the current one.
7 former Australian champions
8 guys who have won open contests on the Australian pro circuit
6 former winners of PI kneelo classic
Former US and Puerto Rican champ.

Neil is frothing already at the thought of the kneelos tearing into the Woolamai beachies.
Jamie
albert
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by albert »

I think the real question is... will the always low key and always fun Red's Cooper's Cup be held?

Come on Red, you know you want to do it!
red

Post by red »

Hi Albert and other consumers of the Coopers,

Can't say the waves or weather will be better than last year. Magnificent getting cut and sunburnt before the weekend even begins.

I have to cancel an all day work meeting to make it happen this year.

But this year the Coopers comes with a warning that you'll be rubber-hosed into trying a Dr Red or Stump kneeboard up fast and personal.
albert

Post by albert »

Haha Red!!!

Funny thing, I had to cancel a quarterly PhD review meeting because of the Phillip Island event!!!

I have been keeping all my supervisors very happy so I shouldnt be copping any major pains because of it.

See ya down there!
Bintang Bob

Post by Bintang Bob »

I believe New Zealand is sending 8 reps.... 8) thanks to Murry Weir over in the Naki.... (hope I spelled those names right) :oops:
Kneel before the majesty of our mother ocean
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Hey Bintang, have you heard whether Paul Anderson's is coming over ? Had a good time with both Paul and Murray over a few pints of Bundy at Coffs this year.

Cheers Wolruss
Bintang Bob

Post by Bintang Bob »

Mornin' Wolruss, doesn't look like Pauls coming with.... I got my info from Surfing New Zealand's website as I'm on the other side of the north island.... 8) are you in the Bendalong area.... :?: my wife & I are heading over to the west island :wink: in March for that gathering/comp and I'm hoping to meet all you guys and knock a few (ok, quite a few) stubbies back.... Bob
Kneel before the majesty of our mother ocean
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Hey Bob,
West Island :lol: :lol: :lol: but I know what you mean ...I come from the main island in the south, beginning with 'T' and relocated to the rest of OZ when I was a 13 year old, although I learnt to surf at North Narrabeen - some questions there when the kneeboard state of origin comes up.
I live in the southern suburbs of Wollongong, Warilla, about an hour north of where Slats and WAKA reside - 8) Bendy would be a good choice to pick as a base camp....and your more than welcome to call in for a WAKA pointscore....ooops :roll: :roll: I'd better check with the club president (Smurf) before I say anything he might have a couple of pet sheep he's fond of, locked away :shock: :twisted: . Give WAKA, Slats or myself a PM before you come over - maybe even the Coach or Albert if you want to hook up with the boys from in the Gong.
Pity Pauls not coming over :( still thats one less I have to deal with to take out the comp :lol: :lol: :lol: ........ :lol: :lol: :lol: had to take a breath there :lol: :lol: :lol: I love a good laugh, even if its by myself.

Cheers Wolruss