The history of David Parkes

This forum is for discussion on people who have left the kneeriding community a better sport and fraternity because of their contributions and presence...

Moderators: Moderator, Jack Beresford

Headwax.
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Headwax. »

Ha :) I been b usted lurking , I am always getting arrested .... Oh its sad that youtube decided to mute the music on that one.
MKA? Oh I wsa member number nine I think, still have the ticket downstairs in my old leather wallet. I got sent to the country in about 1979 when I finshed Uni and at the time it was still going strong.
I think it merged into the Southside Kneeboard Club (or such) and then the Sydney Kneelo club.?
At outr club contests we had so many people that I think the average heat was six guys. What a hassle :)
People in the club like Parkes, terry Day, Albert and lots of hot kneelos - Big Pete who was little Pete at the time.....
I think the last big non club contest 'we' organised (Glen Perry et al did) was about 120 - 130 entrants (of these 20 to 30 were invitees). The Sitmar Cruises it was . Dp won. :)
But there were people like Artis and I imagine Peter Crawford etc. What a spectacle... :)

Oh now where did I leave my wheel chair.

cheers :)

surf is going off the planet here today!
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

so....for the greater Sydney area this was the original or first kneeboard club?
thanks for info! 8)
i sat at Sunset Point one afternoon and watched DP rip the living sh&t out of extremely good 6-8' waves. the NW angle was making the waves rifle down the inside reef. he was surfing top to bottom nearly constantly in a critical position. he was surfing as good or better than anyone out there. really impressive 8)
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head