The history of Steve Artis

This forum is for discussion on people who have left the kneeriding community a better sport and fraternity because of their contributions and presence...

Moderators: Moderator, Jack Beresford

Mike Fernandez
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

The history of Steve Artis

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Please stick to historical facts about the person, or well founded rumors, but no opinions (EI:I think George Greenough is great because he invented the spoon.) This does no good in attaining the history of the person. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
budgie
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

KNEEBOARDING ROYALITY

Post by budgie »

I met Steve finally in 1999 at the Phillip Island Kneeelo classic.

Once again the Surfing World mag introduced Steve to me, a mag I still Have.

I loved the look of his boards and being from remote Western Australia I felt like we were missing out in board designs.

I just got a sponsorship from MORNING MIST surfboards and Barrie Mowaday was going to shape my new board but it kept getting delayed so Mike MEOW Mouritz shaped it.

We copied a twin fin of Steves straight out of the mag, a TWIN FIN STING WING PIN and it went really well for me and I have some photos of me on it when I was 16. I will post them later. I even copied the lip on the flyer and the flute on the stinger.

Steve is a legendary figure for many reasons including his interesting designs and his kneeboarding ability.

I have an interview on video of Steve that I recorded in 1999 and will soon post it on YOUTUBE the sound is average because of the background noise.

The names that are mentioned in the video are from surfing royalty and its not a name dropping thing.

Good onya Steve