The history of Simon Farrer

This forum is for discussion on people who have left the kneeriding community a better sport and fraternity because of their contributions and presence...

Moderators: Moderator, Jack Beresford

Mike Fernandez
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

The history of Simon Farrer

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Please stick to historical facts about the person, or well founded rumors, but no opinions (EI:I think George Greenough is great because he invented the spoon.) This does no good in attaining the history of the person. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
budgie
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by budgie »

FAR OUT

WHAT CAN YOU SO ABOUT THE GREAT SF

Well for a start.............

Simon, I have competed against you for decades now and you have always come out on top.........sometimes you didnt deserve it BUT most times you did

I have seen you at Oz titles contests, standing up and surfing better than most footboarders and way surpassing us kneelos.

You have been a consistant and powerful competitor and an amazing freesurfer, not that I can say I have ever had a freesurf with you.

Correct me if I am wrong..... But I dont think the outline of your boards has changed much in a quarter of decade... the size may have changed.

I love how you have kept on top despite the relative lack of competition and how far out in front you remain. It has been said before and by me the comparison between Kelly Slater and yourself and it is true

I hope to some day finally WHIP YOUR BUTT in a contest, hey maybe when im 60

budgie
gaz
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by gaz »

Why aren't there more posts on this one? All I can say is my few short dealings with this man have been an absolute pleasure and privilege. Since we purchased "The Sparrow Has Landed" however long ago, Simon has somehow found us to advise his next one is out, and to ask if we want one, the answer has always obviously been yes.
He carries himself as a true gentleman, humble, helpful and humerous. Even his daily earner indicates his inate drive to put others before himself.
He seems to surf ok too.
I'm not gay, but I could possibly test my curiousity for manly lurve with this bloke... jokes Bec (maybe a topic for another thread - who would you turn for?) Simon, thanks for your inspiration and help over the years, you're keeping a generation of mid lifers as stoked as grommets. LEGEND.
Having said all that I hardly know him and he could be a total a...hole. But I doubt it.
Tinso
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Tinso »

Another legend! And as for Nov, where is the public recognition for multiple World Titles? He has equaled (if not surpassed) the great MR in this achievement!
...but I like to be different...