Sean Collins 2011

This forum is for discussion on people who have left the kneeriding community a better sport and fraternity because of their contributions and presence...

Moderators: Moderator, Jack Beresford

Jon Manss
Legend (Contribution King!)

Sean Collins 2011

Post by Jon Manss »

I don,t if you,ve heard but you will soon. My brother in law Sean Collins has passed on. He had a fatal heart attack while playing tennis yesterday. I hope their is a prayer in your life for his family. He will be sorely missed here.
mutiny

Post by mutiny »

Jon Im so sorry to hear of this sad news
I'll say a few prayers for sean and for you and nora to get through this sad difficult time
if your down here let me know if there is anything I can do for you
tom
tahiti_nui
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by tahiti_nui »

One of the few guys lucky enough to carve out a living doing what he loved,
and the inventive use of technology that changed the way most of us decide when and where we surf & vacation.

Thanks Sean,
enjoy the best waves,
you earned it.
sf_firestarter

Post by sf_firestarter »

Tennis will injure you physically and emotionally and in the end be your undoing. I know all to well.

Sorry to hear of his passing. Although, many have distain for Surfline and the many websites that spawned from it, it never the less has changed the face of surfing and is evidence of one man’s vision that transcends. And I have to admit, I use it every day.

I wish him empty grass courts and perfect point breaks, wherever we go to after this.
randiego

Post by randiego »

Jon, I didn't know you were related. RIP and our thoughts and prayers are with your family at this difficult and sad time.

Sean changed a lot, that's for sure. Surfline itself is a bit of a touchy subject for some, but I loved reading his analysis pieces on different spots, swell angles, swell windows etc.

Mahalo and respect, to him.
"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

The surfing world has lost a legend and you have lost family Jon. Praying for comfort for all who knew and loved him.
Brad
scott hayward
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by scott hayward »

I will pray for you and all your family. I hope to see you sometime soon. So sorry for your family's loss. Scott
Casey Patelski

Post by Casey Patelski »

Sorry for your loss Jon. The surfing world will miss Sean. My prayers are with you and yours. Casey Patelski
COVE PADS,KneeloLab 6-0PoisonDart DeanCleary 3x Cncav Roundtail 5Fin, 6-0 PoisonDart Infinity 3x Cncav Pintail 3 Fin, Blast 5-9StubVector Swallow Quad, 5-9Vartanian Poison Dart 3x Cncav PinTail 3fin, 6-0Flashpoint DoubleBump Swallow & 5-10 WingPin 3fins.