FIVE SUMMER STORIES returns next Tuesday 4/29

This forum is for discussion on people who have left the kneeriding community a better sport and fraternity because of their contributions and presence...

Moderators: Moderator, Jack Beresford

tahiti_nui
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

FIVE SUMMER STORIES returns next Tuesday 4/29

Post by tahiti_nui »

The 2014 Newport Film Festival lineup includes the often referenced Five Summer Stories Movie to be show at the South Coast Village Theater on Tuesday April 29th @ 5pm followed by a Q&A with.... (well just check the press release)

Heralded as the finest surf movie ever made, Five Summer Stories is a cultural icon, a time capsule from a watershed era when the world was at a critical crossroads and its reflection was clear in the emerging sport/art of surfing. Against a backdrop of the Vietnam War and the Nixon years, Five Summer Stories was the culmination of the joint surf-film careers of Jim Freeman and Greg MacGillivray. Code name The Last Surfing Movie during production, the movie portrays a young, outlaw sport at a strategic point in its creative evolution--and at a historical crux in time.
A panel discussion will follow with special guests Laird Hamilton, Herbie Fletcher, Gerry Lopez, Greg MacGillivray, Stacy Peralta, Steve Pezman and Peter Townend

Tix are going fast check out the festival page for link and more
MWROBERTSON
Legend (Contribution King!)

Five

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Got my tickets!

Should be fun. A lot of people are going.
Joe Taylor
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Joe Taylor »

Amanda and I are SOOOOO going!!!!!
SecoG

Post by SecoG »

Remember HONK ?

LOVED their soundtrack to that movie, my fave was the Pipeline sequence rocking the 8-track, baby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ8QWqbsAy8&feature=kp
Mark Ramirez

Honk

Post by Mark Ramirez »

I definitely remember Honk, from Laguna Beach 1970-1975, then 1983 on.
Here's another one. The beginning with the animation by John Lamb,
There's kneeriding at 1:37. I remember the kooks yelling at him to "STAND UP" for about 12 seconds, it seemed like an eternity!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY_yhnTwKjE
Bob

Post by Bob »

Am watching Crystal Voyager off of Stoke report.com
Must be on youtube as well. Crowed surf at 12 guys? He can't even imagine the future.
Joel5150Photo

5 summer stories;ssweeee eettt!!!!

Post by Joel5150Photo »

greetings fellow kneelos.joel 5159 photo here in oceanside; i saw HONK in mammoth mt. on a ski safari, they burned, they have 2 albums ya know,,,i saw the movie at california surf musume in dana point (the 30 th anniversery) had the akbum jacket autographed by ;Greg Macgivelray,jerico poppler,reno ambelera,david nuavia,drew kampion,john lamb, the record its self has NEVER BEEN PLAYED !!!i need a new wetsuit for summer so im gonna put it on craigs list to sell, but i wanted to give the crew at ksusa first shot... my cell phone is (858)775-5511.no texting phone fell and is fubar.;411. oside pier was 4-6 with 10 ft.sets on mon Taylor Knox was out;;;kiling it but alas no kneeriders...the city is dredging sand from harbor entrance,dumping it in beach south of pier... so the sand bars are gonna be good for new swell this comming tue.if your in the hood and want to shoot photos call me anytime aftre 5 am.mo' earley mo'better ... knee-boards RULE.. for me sinse 1967..J5150 .
Doc Turbo

Re: Honk

Post by Doc Turbo »

Yeah Mark awesome video clip, brings back memories.

Mark Ramirez wrote:I definitely remember Honk, from Laguna Beach 1970-1975, then 1983 on.
Here's another one. The beginning with the animation by John Lamb,
There's kneeriding at 1:37. I remember the kooks yelling at him to "STAND UP" for about 12 seconds, it seemed like an eternity!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY_yhnTwKjE

Post by CONTIKI »

*WAVES ARE OF THE ESSENCE*
5 SUMMER STORIES