In memory of Chris Andersen...

This forum is for discussion on people who have left the kneeriding community a better sport and fraternity because of their contributions and presence...

Moderators: Moderator, Jack Beresford

hart
Legend (Contribution King!)

respect

Post by hart »

Ler

such a cool post, mate.

you not only connected to Chris through this website, you have now connected to hundreds.

stoked I'm a kneerider too

hart
DarcyM

goodbyes

Post by DarcyM »

Ler -

that is so cool, I'm glad you and Chris had a chance to reconnect at Santa Cruz in a positive way. Funny how a lot of perspectives have been changed by this website. It's a growth of a kind that you don't usually get until you step outside of yourself and embrace the art. I think Chris was getting there, with your help and others too, but he just needed a little more time.

So often we're filled with regrets for words not said or bad words spoken in anger, the "what ifs" and "if only I'd ..." when someone leaves us. Too often we forget the positive impacts we've had on each other's lives. It is so much better to remember how we've all touched one another and bonded thru our shared loves and interests. And that each of us matters. If we keep that in our hearts, then the pain can heal. You know what I'm talking about.

This website helps us all. I'm glad you're here, and I'm glad I'm here too!
:)
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
paulduquet

memeories of Chris

Post by paulduquet »

The first time I met chris was on a sunny summer day out oa the Lane about 13 or 14 years ago. I was jazzed about seeing another kneeboarder. I hadn't seen one since leaving the island. I was specially curious because this guy was absolutely killing it on a board that looked like a train wreck. After I paddled over to see who this guy was, he explained that he had had this board shaped brand new, but it just wasn't working for him. So, he goes home and cuts this huge swallow tail into the board with a hack saw, and has it glassed just the why it was. That tail must have been two inches thick, minimum! And he was absolutely slashing up that shoulder high surf. The other great thing that makes that chance meeting memorable to me after all these years, was Chris's energy. He talked with heated energy, even back then, about get a contest organized for strictly kneeboarders. I had my doubts at first, since I was new to California and hadn't seen another kneelo around before Chris, but he was completely convinced that it could be done. Later, Chris was a vocal advocate for KSUSA and had some great input for us on contest venues. I always knew, though, that if I ever had to surf head to head against Chris in a heat, there'd be not contest.

He was one of those special surfers that you can just kick back and enjoy watching in awe.

I know that I will think about him often, when I'm out in the water.

Paul.

my unkle

Post by guest »

my unkle chris was a very great person, and he was one of my closest unkle's. i remember when he used to take me and his son brandon "my cuzon" to la jalla all the time....he would push us into the wave and we would set are self's up on on his 7 ft egg....i remember how cool it made me felt...i couldnt belive i was surfing! but now that im older i can do it all my self, every time i come in after a good session i can remeber how my unkle chris gave me my first steps into surfing.....and i think that he had a great impact on all our lives....and thank you everyone who has sent their hopes and thoughts to us all....

i love you chris...and always will
Mike Sears

Chris Andersen

Post by Mike Sears »

I just received word from a friend of mine that Darryl Andersen and his family will be scattering Chris's ashes at Moss Landing this Saturday,Sept.11 at around dusk. I beleive it will take place at the end of Jetty road. (That would be at the north end of Moss.) Darryl has asked that we spread the word. He would like to see as many of Chris's friends attend as possible. See you there,Mike Sears
Jack Beresford

moss

Post by Jack Beresford »

I suspect a lot of Chris' friends from SoCal (like me) won't be able to make it Saturday - but we'll be thinking about Chris nonetheless. Moss is a perfect resting place - I'm sure Chris will be looking down with a smile.

There are certain spots now that I'll never be able to surf without thinking about Chris - Moss, Big Rock, the Jetty and DMJs. His presence is still strong at each of these breaks.

Best wishes.

Re: Chris

Post by Guest »

Ler wrote:I meet Chris in the 80's at a contest. Chris was the most intense competitor ever. We went toe to toe from San Diego to Santa Cruz. I was stoked to see Chris again at Santa Cruz. He was so at peace with himself and the contest. He gave me some good advise about the surf contest and more importantly life, for the the first time I was stoke to have a heat with him. He gave everything he had into kneeboarding. You never know what would happen, anything from big air to the best tube of the day. My prayers are with his family and friends. Though I'm very sad, I can easily smile thinking of Chris. R.I.P. my friend. Watch over us all.

Mike Butler
alynn andersen

Post by alynn andersen »

when i herd my uncle died i cried for a long time!Chris wasnt just a uncle he was a friend to me.We would go to the beach together have fun and most of all talked.i will always remember him!thankyou everyone who is thinking about him!

R.I.P uncle chris

your niece alynn andersen
alynn andersen

i miss him!!

Post by alynn andersen »

when i herd my uncle died i cried for a long time!Chris wasnt just a uncle he was a friend to me.We would go to the beach together have fun and most of all talked.i will always remember him!thankyou everyone who is thinking about him!

R.I.P uncle chris

your niece alynn andersen
alynn andersen

Post by alynn andersen »

I loved my uncle so dearly.he wasnt just a uncle to me he was my best friend and it always stayed that way no matter what happen.That was the good thing he was a great friend to everyone and he loved his family so much.My uncle was also great surfer and i always belived in him,and i really liked the way that he would try to make poeple just laugh and have a good time and thats what poeple did around him they laughed.And now i know he is in a more happy envierment.I wish i would be able to say bye to him and tell him that i love him no matter what!!!!I wish it didnt happen now!I wish i was able to spend more time with him!the memory i mostly remembered him by was when we would go on the patio and he would be teaching me how to do oragamies though i never was able to do them i still loved to watch him,and he would make frogs to goose and they still all came out to look like the animal he was makeing.that was the thing i most remember him by because he would laugh and i would laugh about it.Everyone misses you uncle and espiacly poeple who were close to you!i well always remember him no matter what.I will one day meet you at the gates and we will talk.

your niece,

Alynn andersen
mike schmaeling
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by mike schmaeling »

Hi Alynn,

Why don't you and your Mom come to the Santa Cruz Event? I assure you, you will be among caring friends. Chris would be happy to know that you guys were enjoying the company of a bunch of good natured kneeriders.

Mike
alynn a.

Post by alynn a. »

i miss my uncle soo dearly.me and my family are soo said and miss him sooo very much.when i was a kid he would always be there for me and would help me have fun with me and much more!now i know when i try to call out to me he wont call back but when were at the beach and i call for him know he is calling and i know he is watcing because he his rideing that wave and the waves are the word s for him!

R.I.P
uncle Chris
hart

ando

Post by hart »

hi pink

why did you choose this thread to say hello?

hart
RW
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by RW »

June 3. 2005: One year later

It still hurts..........

I deeply miss my friend.

RW (honu)
shoulder huggin' chickens
wino