6'2 aussie quad

Use this area to post info on new boards or looking for a new shape. Not a design forum though...

Moderator: Moderator

zorro
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by zorro »

Beeline nice reply :wink:

Dorje: :lol:
K-man
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by K-man »

Mr bee.....

A bit off thread,but you mention flat turning,and your technique to make that move?I described a flat turn in a previous thread,wonder if it is the same method.
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K-man

Post by K-man »

I understand my flat turn,but not yours.pivoting thru the tail?Hmmmmm.Believe I pivot using the center part of the board,not the tail.
Shaunsy

Bit harsh Hart

Post by Shaunsy »

A bloke is allowed to embellish his post with a bit of colour without you jumping down his throat. I must remember to only discuss Kneeboarding if I ever meet you and not diverge from the topic. And even university educated folk make typos it does not illustrate anything but pettiness.
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

I found the post about how the media does or does not drive the sport very interesting.
In windsurfing, the magazines did a little introspection and realized they had shot themselves in the proverbial foot by always focusing on pro's, and the little boards with little sails designed for winds faster than 25-30mph. Since the average place, be it lake or beach is mostly under 15-18mph, they realized (too late) that it turned off the beginner because of frustration. Then the industry went to big fat boards able to handle larger sails for lighter winds. But then they charged too much for the equipment. At that point, it was too late, and now all I see are about 15 kite surfers for every windsurfer.
Of course if the potato chip board ruined surfing for the beginners, this would be a good thing for us who don't make a living in the industry.
I can't say I have ever seen a shop salesman pushing a chip on a beginner, but I do see poor surfers trying to use them.
My post is just food for thought.
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
Bumps
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Bumps »

Mike,

Interesting, thought provoking and I feel spot on. Greed, sorry marketing is sometimes the root of all evil and once momentum starts it is very difficult to stop it. I'm involved in the medical industry and have held various and senior positions in marketing and sales. I see a lot of self promotion here and it makes me giggle, not that it's bad, just that it is obvious. The great thing about kneeboarding and the people that frequent this site is the ability to keep this in perspective.

The great thing I recognise in group of fanatics is the good that exists in the senior members who have passion for this sport and try to pass it on. I was speaking to Slats on the weekend and the strength of passion he has for this sport is infectious - wanting to promote the sport with grommets or anyone that is interested -no strings attached! I've met Waka and Brian down south and they are the salt of the earth - good mates of Rob. I've not had the pleasure of meeting and speaking to Steenos and others that frequent this site. I've met some great people through surfing, too many to name. I've also met some real richardheads, but Karma is such a wonderful thing.

People create need and others fill the need, it is up to us to find vehicles that promote what we do and advise those of the good and of the bad. Kneeboarding is a niche sport and it's up to us to promote it.

I for one don't have issues talking about Politics on this site, especially about our Prime Minister. Sorry Mr Hart (love your boards), I for one don't share you view here. Just put it in the right forums. Moreover, there is at times more politics on this site than in the Aussie or US political forums.

:D All the best

Bumps :D