NEW AIPA

Use this area to post info on new boards or looking for a new shape. Not a design forum though...

Moderator: Moderator

Shelfbreak
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Shelfbreak »

Enjoying this thread not that I have any insight to add on Aipa design theory! Hey Toofast - I can't understand why some kneelos wouldn't take up your offer of a few waves on your board(s) - except perhaps the pickle fork :) To me that's half the fun.
Shelfbreak
toofast3

Post by toofast3 »

Shelfbreak..... That’s a good question.... I don’t know. ... I can count one hand the other KBers that have tried one of my boards. One guy that I surf with has ridden most of my boards and he is the only other person to ride my Picklefork. I mean he has given my boards a fair shot. Because he is willing then I’m willing. Because of him my boards have gotten longer, but they are still considered short. Funny thing is that when I go to a gathering , ill ride other peoples boards more then I will my own. Guess what, my board will lay there.
Here is something else. My oldest just turned 26 and the last time him and I went surfing together, which was last summer, he rode my smallest board (4’9) and he’s 6 ft and over 250#.
I know what you mean, that’s part of the fun of it. Riding something different then you normally do. I’m with you all the way.
DARRYL/2112
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Downing stinger 5'4

Post by DARRYL/2112 »

i've been riding George Downing Stingers since 1977,i've tried twin fins/thrusters but found it harder to turn,probaly gotta adjust my weight or style altogether.

i recently spoke to Ben Aipa and i'll be getting a 5'8 stinger.[/url]
toofast3

Post by toofast3 »

Smells and I stopped a few surf shops today and the last one we were at had 3 "Ben Aipa" stingers. They were Beautiful !!! All 3 were stand up boards and how could you not want one. Made me drool...
Mike Fernandez
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Toofast, I'll be in HB Aug 20-27, would love to ride the infamous Picklefork :D :D 8)
toofast3 wrote:Shelfbreak..... That’s a good question.... I don’t know. ... I can count one hand the other KBers that have tried one of my boards. One guy that I surf with has ridden most of my boards and he is the only other person to ride my Picklefork. I mean he has given my boards a fair shot. Because he is willing then I’m willing. Because of him my boards have gotten longer, but they are still considered short. Funny thing is that when I go to a gathering , ill ride other peoples boards more then I will my own. Guess what, my board will lay there.
Here is something else. My oldest just turned 26 and the last time him and I went surfing together, which was last summer, he rode my smallest board (4’9) and he’s 6 ft and over 250#.
I know what you mean, that’s part of the fun of it. Riding something different then you normally do. I’m with you all the way.
:D :D 8)
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
toofast3

Post by toofast3 »

You`re on Mike ! If you have the time on the weekend of the 25th, i`m game. But you need to sign a release just in case you have too much fun.....
CONTIKI

Post by CONTIKI »

toofast3 wrote:Smells and I stopped a few surf shops today and the last one we were at had 3 "Ben Aipa" stingers. They were Beautiful !!! All 3 were stand up boards and how could you not want one. Made me drool...
That's what I'm talking about.
*WAVES ARE OF THE ESSENCE*
5 SUMMER STORIES
CONTIKI

Post by CONTIKI »

Smokin Rock wrote:good stuff RW 8)
funny how the really magic boards seem to come alive in the gnarliest conditions.
i had this forest green single fin rounded pin way back when. the kind with the "s" rocker. bought it from the Greek in Huntington. so old there was no leash plug. for the most part it rode like sh%t. one day at Crescent Bay in Laguna the rights were firing off the point and reeling down the sandbar at a solid 6'. once in a lifetime for that spot. one other old guy on a 7' pin who was killing it and giving me serious stink eye in between waves.
i got one wave all the way through......one bottom turn.....edged under the lip and rode this huge green cavern for what seemed like forever. the board rode like silk....seemless.
i still think of that wave.....and that board :D
I couldn't say it any better!!!
"THE GREEK" WoW MaN ! Flashback><>

use it in the right place at the right time
5 SUMMER STORIES
CONTIKI

Post by CONTIKI »

albert wrote:
RW wrote: Man those were the days when when ya really had to know how to surf....

....it's all to easy now....as today's boards come with auto pilot.....any monkey can do it.....lean, turn, lean turn, flap yur arms, pose for the camera, grimace like yur a real bad man......etc. :P
[albumimg]5696[/albumimg]

:twisted:
That's shorebreak right? :shock:
5 SUMMER STORIES
toofast3

Post by toofast3 »

Darryl/2112.... Did you get the Aipa you mentioned ??
Isaac Hauanio

east coast kbers

Post by Isaac Hauanio »

Looking for a board or builder on the eastcoast :roll:
kidrock

Post by kidrock »

The closest guy for advice is Mike F, I believe he's in PA also.

JimiTheSaint has a line on a good Right Coast shaper, you could give him a PM.

Then, there's that crazy spoon guy down in FLA.............. 8)

P.S.---thanks for opening this old thread again. I read over it and found some priceless RW quotes...absolutely classic. I wish this site would consider allowing him to be a part of the community again. He is a goldmine of true Kneeboarding history, a darn good kneerider, and a damn fine gentleman. :)

Even if he is a little crusty and opinionated. :lol: But isn't that what makes this country great??? :wink:
Last edited by kidrock on Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"So if you want to kneeboard, find the hollowest waves you can, ride as short of a board as possible and go fast and deep. If you want to slip and slide, twist and jerk, go for air then stand up and do it. Let’s keep kneeboarding sacred."
-Bird Huffman
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

I got nothing Kid. :cry: I had a board I would have sold, but I left it in Cali. :x
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
kidrock

Post by kidrock »

Yeah, I know you got nothin'. :lol: :lol: :lol: (j/k)

At least, you might hook the brother up with a shaper...

So who's it gonna be, Bud or Hart? :P
"So if you want to kneeboard, find the hollowest waves you can, ride as short of a board as possible and go fast and deep. If you want to slip and slide, twist and jerk, go for air then stand up and do it. Let’s keep kneeboarding sacred."
-Bird Huffman
greg "swivel"
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by greg "swivel" »

CONTIKI wrote:
Smokin Rock wrote:good stuff RW 8)
funny how the really magic boards seem to come alive in the gnarliest conditions.
i had this forest green single fin rounded pin way back when. the kind with the "s" rocker. bought it from the Greek in Huntington. so old there was no leash plug. for the most part it rode like sh%t. one day at Crescent Bay in Laguna the rights were firing off the point and reeling down the sandbar at a solid 6'. once in a lifetime for that spot. one other old guy on a 7' pin who was killing it and giving me serious stink eye in between waves.
i got one wave all the way through......one bottom turn.....edged under the lip and rode this huge green cavern for what seemed like forever. the board rode like silk....seemless.
i still think of that wave.....and that board :D
I couldn't say it any better!!!
"THE GREEK" WoW MaN ! Flashback><>

use it in the right place at the right time

WoW Smokin Rock WTF!!! You just brought me back to my very 1st board!!! and yes it waz a "Greek" turquios blue, funky rounded square tail, big ole'single raker fin,dug out deck almost spoonish and to top all those "inovative" late sixty,early seventy'z Greenoughesque tally'z n' triviez it had yezzzz,......drum roll...handlez,like our one and only "Great Orange One" BoB Gove! & hiz"Pescados Fliing Anaranjados"& Yes Rope handles and I remember my very first Deep, long travel time, Barrel on that board @ Bolsa Chica!! Sliding down the face,howling Santa Ana'z blowin,6' to 8ft. September South Swell, Dog Daze & back to school!Oh I digress...I got blown back up the the face, back into the pocket when the fin released and whith out realizing az I slide slipped/air dropped, hit the bottom grabed the right rope and pulled a bottom turn hard redirecting under a heaving feathering lime green and milky brown lip that seemed to freeze frame ultra slo mo, stretching stopping time and space, az I slid into that cavern, I can still remember that freefloating time warp feeling and that smell and how different... and that noisey hush of perfect spinning stillness, I waz "Inside" !!!I went in... innocent,oblivious to what it was I waz doing Long Boarding,and Footing all summer!! I emerged a "KNEE BOARDER 4 LIFE"!!and needless to say from that point, School waz out and I waz living the "Endless Summer" till Now my Life has been measured in SunrizeZ and SunsetZ and a Spiritual connection you cant buy or learn in school... The Ocean iz my Home,Teacher and Mistress and Hey "Ler" thatz my little secret....Bolsa Iz where it all began 4 me, Ole' "Tin Can Beach" Thatz why I'm so fond of your passion for our little slice of paradise...boy she sure haz changed through the yearz eh? Not the Stoke though!
8) ~Green Dreamz 2 U my Friendz, and remember smile in the line up!!!~ 8)
~"Be Seein Ya From The Inside Lookin Out"~
~"SWIVEL"~
~GH~