schoelkopf boards

Use this area to post info on new boards or looking for a new shape. Not a design forum though...

Moderator: Moderator

shamanjon
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

schoelkopf boards

Post by shamanjon »

Has anyone else had any trouble with Eric Schoelkopf? I gave him $150.00 to shape my new board in August and after many excuses and two months of waiting finally said keep it and give me my money back. Still..no money and a bunch of excuses. Just a crappy way of doing business.
ezak
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by ezak »

Dude!!!!!! Are you kidding? Two months is not that long to wait. :?
surf with soul
shamanjon

schoelkopf boards

Post by shamanjon »

Maybe 2 months isn't long for you Ezak, but when you get something promised in a certain time frame and the guy doesn't deliver, I get a bit irritated.
Last edited by shamanjon on Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
KenM
Legend (Contribution King!)

Re: vvxxcvxvc

Post by KenM »

CaptKneemo wrote:
beats 450 down and 2.5 years eh? kenny?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Cappy, You're killin' me. Shaman, can't wait 2 or 3 months? Eesh,maybe you should get your next board from China.
Craig

Post by Craig »

I saw your board the other day while Eric was drawing out my new one, it turned out killer well worth the wait!

A couple months is nothing for a good custom board right SWEETHEART your on the two year list :lol: :lol: I can't even get on that lisssst, but I digress.

So Sham I'd just pay up and go get your board. Building a relationship w/ your shaper is a good thing :wink:

sTilL a gROm :!:
barry

wat

Post by barry »

so john
you finally decide to come online and then
you start bad mouthing someone
very nice :lol:
interesting how you only choose to tell part of the story.....
you coulda had your board months ago but you chose to take a different
path to aquire it :oops:
you were then told you would get your refund after it had sold which in
my opinion is totally fair of Eric to do.
After seeing some of your texts to him and hearing a message you left
I laughed and said I wouldnt give you any of your deposit back!!!
cuz you were acting like a ASS.......
but Eric wants to be fair so you will get your $ after it sells.
shamanjon

Post by shamanjon »

Barry, I took no alternate route to get my board. I'm not the 1st guy he's failed to deliver to and I probably won't be the last.
Funny how the 'inner circle' has rallied around the leader. I don't dislike Eric, nice guy in fact...just don't promise something you can't do or give me lame excuses. I paid money and was given a time frame for delivery which wasn't met. As far as acting like an ass..probably.. I was frustrated over the BS I was getting. I've never had a shaper do anything like this without adjusting the price or doing a bit extra for the delay.
Last edited by shamanjon on Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Sham, Eric makes my boards and happens to be a good friend as a result of that exchange. ( See previous post )

Eric as leader of the band not so much wrong analogy, rallying around a brother and friend absolutely.

If you can't deal w/ the way Eric works get your boards elsewhere that's simple enough! But don't come on this forum and sh#t talk, not cool :idea:
shamanjon

Post by shamanjon »

Some very vitriolic people on here. Lots more shapers out there. I really don't expect to get my money back after receiving a number of emails concerning the inability to deliver when promised.
KenM

Post by KenM »

Sham Man, I'm not part of any 'inner circle', I've never met Eric, and I don't ride his boards but I can tell you that your expectations are unreasonable for a custom board by most shapers. $150 down is unreal, the last board I custom ordered I had to put down $400 and waited...well....more than 2 months. To tell you the truth, you sound like a crybaby.
ted torrey
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by ted torrey »

This is funny.... :wink: keep up the good work :!:
"when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Dr. H. Thompson
NIUHI GRIPS

Post by NIUHI GRIPS »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: GROUP HUG!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ted torrey

Post by ted torrey »

You betcha :D life is way too short live each day like it counts, cuz it does :lol:
"when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Dr. H. Thompson
kidrock

Post by kidrock »

Shaman,

I don't know you or Schoelkopf. I do know that his boards are in relatively high demand, given the number of people on this site that ride his boards and have very good things to say about him and his boards.

I certainly understand that when you provide a service to a customer, there is one rule..."The Customer is Always Right". When a person says that they will provide you with something for a certain price by a certain date, you (as a customer) have every reason to be disappointed when those promises aren't met.

BUT...unfortunately, the business of Surfing does not follow the criteria set by Wall Street. The best analogy I can make in this particular situation is this; Shapers are not unlike Artists. Their craft is very much like art, the shaper/artist is most definitely a "right brainer" and their thought processes are akin to that of a fine artist, and last but not least...many share the temperament of an artist.

That being said, everyone who has ever had a board shaped for them know the possibility of a long wait time is inevitable. It's not necessarily right; it's just the way it is. I recently had a board shaped by someone who may not be in as strong demand as Schoelkopf. I paid a $200 deposit and was told it would be done in 6 weeks. It actually took 12 weeks. And much of the delay was also due to the glassers.

So, to use another analogy, "One bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch". Give it another go and expect anything.

Or, just get a board off the rack. There's plenty of 'em at many shops in SD.

Just playing "The Devil's Advocate", here.
randiego

Post by randiego »

wow, interesting thread. Not very often that Cappy gets called "inner circle" :lol: :lol: man, talk about yer delicious irony 8)

but this
Barry, I took no alternate route to get my board. I'm not the 1st guy he's failed to deliver to and I probably won't be the last.
Funny how the 'inner circle' has rallied around the leader. I don't dislike Eric, nice guy in fact...just don't promise something you can't do or give me lame excuses. I paid money and was given a time frame for delivery which wasn't met. As far as acting like an ass..probably.. I was frustrated over the BS I was getting. I've never had a shaper do anything like this without adjusting the price or doing a bit extra for the delay.
is a load of self-serving crap. act like an ass, blame it on someone else. please don't buy a kneeboard, buy a longboard - it suits you.
"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."