schoelkopf boards

Use this area to post info on new boards or looking for a new shape. Not a design forum though...

Moderator: Moderator

RMcKnee
Legend (Contribution King!)

Re: zccz

Post by RMcKnee »

CaptKneemo wrote:Shaman: a holy person who uses magic and ritual for the purpose of ... controlling events.
:oops:
Well THAT mojo sure ain't workin'!
Back to the sweat lodge to concoct Plan B I guess ...

Cappy, it's that way of yours with them words again.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

Shaman;

Stand tall man. Eric is a good guy but business is business. If he quoted you a delivery date than he should be held to it; if he didn’t quote you a delivery date then two months is very reasonable. Once he has accepted cash than you have a contract. Any shaper should be judged by their ability to keep commitments as well as the quality of their boards. If a shaper fails to deliver on his commitments or quality then others have the right to know this. Once warned then each person can decide if they want to work within their chosen shapers limitations. If the shaper is going to be late with the delivery then it is his responsibility to keep a line of communication open and inform the customer of the order status.
METALCOASTIE
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by METALCOASTIE »

Just buy used boards!

cheaper too! :wink:
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Egad.

Not trying to make an example of you, Shaman, but hope to use this as a general example of cyber-life differences from the real world.

Please let me borrow from Womble's page-book here...

Wording on the Internet can be everything.

Valid Frustration
Everyone I know that's EVER ordered a board has at one time or another had to wait, and been frustrated as a result. Heck, we're excited to get the goods.

NORMALLY, one would contact the shaper, and probably also poll those that may have past experience to help reset expectations.

It helps to hear that a longer wait is possible, but the goods are worth the wait. Conversely, it may lead to other actions, including pulling the plug on the order.

If you're looking for truth, keep your opinion close to your chest

It's HOW it's approached on the Internet.

Voicing frustration is natural. That said, going back to the first post, this could have been raised as a 'help me reset my expectations,' vs. 'where's my board, the shaper's business sux.'

It doesn't matter whether it's true or not. The tone puts the audience into a defensive posture (if applicable,) and for everyone else, entrenches your position.

In other words, without consideration for multiple audiences (of which you recognized,) people are bound to polarize. It puts you on the defensive, despite the Wall Street truth that 'the Customer is always right.'

If the question is probing, and without opinion, the audiences will sound in towards the shaper, and not you. You get the positives, negatives and neutrals. I think that's what you're after.

Where to from here?

Back to here and now. Of course, behind the Internet is reality. Your initial negative position flows to the 'inner circle*' and back to the shaper.

Guess what? You're right back to the starting point... a direct conversation with your shaper.

Only worse. This time, there's (more) conflict. This thread probably didn't help your frustration, and chances are the shaper will be frustrated.

BTW, I'm not even considering the past (conversations, alternate vs. normal path, etc.) It's all about 'how.'

Suggest beating the rumor-mill by contacting the shaper. Just be honest and try to make it work. Like Kidrock said, these are crafted products that, right or wrong, take as long as they take.

BTW, you want demand? Try ordering a Danny Hess wood board. One guy, huge demand. It's WAY longer than two months. Boards from abroad? Better pad that turnaround time, as well as plan for some odd trip or arrangement to pick it up.

Remember the Therapy Post

For folks in general, again, I suggest a 'therapy post' if you expect a controversy. Chances are, if you think there's one, there is one.

Write it up, DON'T post it, and walk away.

Come back and noodle how what was written might be taken across the community.

One thing about the Internet... all of what is written is digested as Word. It lingers. Associations are made.

I always try to keep my brother's advise in the back of my mind... 'Don't be That Guy.' (It still doesn't always help! :oops: )

Sorry for the pontification. Shaman, it's an all-to-easy trap on the Internet that I've unfortunately learned the exact same way. While it seems like a tight conversation, it's anything but.

*Footnote: Whoever that may be, and certainly does NOT include Cap'n :wink:
Kneemo... ever consider your next Username to be 'The Outsider?' :wink: :D
randiego

Post by randiego »

Okay, how about this:

Shaman, do yourself a favor and go repair your relationship with a great shaper/artist/craftsman.

Go pick up your board, it's ready. I saw it last night, it looks pretty sweet. Eric's boards are magic (my opinion).

Pay full price, don't ask or expect any favors, just go pay the man for his time and effort.

Better?
"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."
METALCOASTIE

Post by METALCOASTIE »

Or I will buy it! Whats the stats on the board?
randiego

Post by randiego »

send Greg Little or Barry a PM, they probably have the exact dimensions. I do know it was too small for me, I'm a big guy. (okay, fat 8) )
"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Was that a Schoelkopf you were riding out here in Oz land last time you were out Barry, nice looking board and you certainly made it dance well. Gotta agree, you don't pressure a craftsman especially when you are asking him to have an interest in making you a "personal" board.

Cheers Wolruss
barry

Post by barry »

metalcoastie
if you wanna check out a new quad thats for sale there is one
listed in the boards for sale area and there are pics of it in the
boards pic album.
russ
the anwer is yes, the boards that i rode on my last trip
over were schoelkopfs.
take care mate
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Another Schoelkolpf cross-link...

Many thanks to those that sounded in on this on the back-end, particularly Shaman!

It sounds like all is back on track, and this was just a false start with a happy ending...

Suggest thoughts otherwise are directed either towards the individual or to me via PM.

All the best!
SFK

Edit: after all these years, and having a similar last name, I still missed the 'c'... DOH!
kidrock

Post by kidrock »

SFKneelo wrote:Another Schoelkolpf cross-link...

Many thanks to those that sounded in on this on the back-end, particularly Shaman!

It sounds like all is back on track, and this was just a false start with a happy ending...

Suggest thoughts otherwise are directed either towards the individual or to me via PM.

All the best!
SFK

Edit: after all these years, and having a similar last name, I still missed the 'c'... DOH!

Yeah, well..."happy ending"...I noticed the Shaman hasn't bothered to submit anything since he had to defend himself from the "vitriolic" backlash. :oops:

If I've learned anything from this site ("what's the best leash to use", "tris vs. quads", and that old favorite so near and dear to everybody's hearts..."how to remove old wax from your board"), it's that at one point or another, you're gonna have to grow a thick skin. :wink: