new secondhand flashpoint

Use this area to post info on new boards or looking for a new shape. Not a design forum though...

Moderator: Moderator

Lefty
Local (More than 25 post)

new secondhand flashpoint

Post by Lefty »

i bought a flashpoint today. no dims on it, but 5'9" x ~23" . it's in good condition.
i also have a rounded pin, single flyer flashpoint. it's getting a bit old and beat up. so it nice to have another board. looks like it will go!

Image[/URL]

it's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll
Peter Ware

Post by Peter Ware »

Lefty nice board. Hope you get some good waves this coming weekend to try it out.
Jeff
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Jeff »

love the baby swallow
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

thanks for calling it a swallow and not a fish, jeff.
it seems no one uses the term "swallow tail" anymore. any board with a nick out of the back, no matter how small is deemed a fish. i know it shouldn't upset me, but it does.

i didn't get any waves yesterday. the guy who sold me the board bullshitted to me and talked me out of my intended destination and sent me to a beach that was missing the swell! that's what happens when you cross the harbour bridge. those northern beaches guys just eat you alive!
by the time i got home and realised i'd been had, it was closing out and the wind was into it. i paddled out and ended up ferrying backpackers out of the rip and onto the sand bank for the life savers to pick up and bring in. ah, summer!
Paul

magic board

Post by Paul »

I had a 6'1" that was the bigger brother of your 5'9" many years ago...
http://ksusa.org/Forum/album_showpage.php?pic_id=16258
I couldn't manage to get the thruster set up to work (I'm just not a 3-fin kind of guy) but once I sunk some extra plugs into it and made it into a quad it instantly became my magic board. I still miss that board (snapped it at Nusa Dua on a bad hold down). I hope you find the same magic and stoke in your new acquisition.
Paul

magic board

Post by Paul »

Ooops... it was only 5'10" ...I must have remembered it bigger than it was! I haven't surfed boards that small in a long time! I'm too fat for that, but many of my 6'+ boards in my quiver have been/are baby swallows.
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

yes, the two boards do look to be cousins. glad to know it was a magic board. hopefully i won't have to make it into a quad...