Barry Snyder 6'2 quad

Use this area to post info on new boards or looking for a new shape. Not a design forum though...

Moderator: Moderator

fincut
Local (More than 25 post)

Barry Snyder 6'2 quad

Post by fincut »

New Board Stoke 6'2, 24, 2 3/4

Been looking to replace my only and most favorite board. A Blast 6'0 quad.

Found a guy in Oceanside that could make me one for this winter, reluctant at first but ultimately had no choice. He's Barry Snyder.

The guy know rockers and has made quite a few kneeboards over the years. 100% handshaped/color/glassing in house in Oceanside CA.

It came out beautifully.

Big thanks to Niuhi Grips (Edgar) in Hawaii for dialing me in with info on new kneepads. I got the same kneepads on my original blast that have lasted almost 10 years and an easy familiar transition from board to board.

Now I'm just waiting a new custom set of fins from Glen at Rainbow and can't wait to carve some walls.

I highly recommend Barry, it took only 18 days from start to finish.

norm

Re: Barry Snyder 6'2 quad

Post by norm »

Looks like a blend of Blast template and Aussie fin setup. Have fun. Do you ever go to Horseshoe's (?) in La Jolla? I got some great barrels there, but some true ass kickings back in the 19__ __ . I don't want to age myself too much.
norm
Fossil Man
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Fossil Man »

Nice looking board brother, like the color job. Edgar on the Big Island is a good guy , glad he got you set up w/ some pads. Fin positioning looks really good, can you give us the distance for both up from the tail ? looks like full Aussie style.
Kneeboarding since 1976; always searching for the ultimate sled, always in awe and grateful for the work of master craftsmen, Romanosky, Frye, Cleary, Mc Cray, Timpone, Ballestar, Minami, Hart.
fincut

Post by fincut »

Here's the fins that Glen at Rainbow made for it. Beautiful and nice snug fit. I used some dawn dishsoap to get them in. :D

Some of you will be very familiar with them. Here's Glen's take. He also made a pair of 80/20 trailers for a different feel. Looking forward to seeing the difference.

The shadow in the pic has distorted the fins a tad. I included a Akila Aipa twin (He had a batch made in Japan by Ratio) just for reference. The twins never worked for me on a kneeboard, complete loss of drive and loss of resistance in turns.

I had him make me two full sets so now I don't have anxiety about losing them. I'm such a nut, I'm thinking of burrying a set in the backyard just in case the house burns down.

Thanks Glenn.