New Blast stoke

Use this area to post info on new boards or looking for a new shape. Not a design forum though...

Moderator: Moderator

fincut
Local (More than 25 post)

New Blast stoke

Post by fincut »

I got lucky and happened to come across a loose Blast for sale.

I have wanted an F2K for years and one came up in my size 6'0 x 23 x 2.6 Had to grab it.

My first and only Blast I got in 2005 I think, love the board. Ten plus years later the rail shape is exactly the same in feel. Love it.

Going to run some 80/20 rear fins in this one.

southpeakbrad
Legend (Contribution King!)

Re: New Blast stoke

Post by southpeakbrad »

Very nice, now you need a solid swell to put it through its paces!
Fossil Man
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Fossil Man »

Nice looking boards , do u remember what Bud called the blue one ? ( I'm guessing Fish Hybrid ) Nothing like a brand new pure white Fish , such a classic look. Bud is a meticulous craftsman ! Nice pads on the newy , looks like more of Edgar's from the Big Island, nice guy. My wife bought me an F2K for our 30th anniversary, great board ! Enjoy !
Kneeboarding since 1976; always searching for the ultimate sled, always in awe and grateful for the work of master craftsmen, Romanosky, Frye, Cleary, Mc Cray, Timpone, Ballestar, Minami, Hart.
fincut

Post by fincut »

I can't remember what the blue boards offical design is called. I think when I ordered it I told him I mostly surf La Jolla reefs, works perfectly in them.

For a while I thought it might be a stubb. What ever it is, I love it.

The pads are Edgars design. This is my third set and they work perfectly for me. Its dual layered. Only problem is the company who makes it, no longer makes a 3/16 base and now only has 1/4 so this new pad is 1/2 think, which is a bit thick. Im thinking its going to be too thick. Will have to switch to covepad from here on out.
Fossil Man

Post by Fossil Man »

I've had three different pads types from that company, a waffle pattern, elongated diamond pattern, and a striated/ brush finish. The diamond and brush patterns both work very well , the waffle pattern,…it's a cheese grater and your'e the cheddar !
I'm perplexed they dropped the 3/16'' base , a 1/4'' base + 1/4'' overlay does make for a kinda thick pad. Casey's Cove pads are sweet , have a thin version of the kung foo on a board and love it. Also been using the Parkes pads , ( mostly on used boards that had them on already ) they work great for me in warm water, but sometimes in a wetsuit their traction is so great I feel like I won't make it to my knees on a late take-off
Robert
Kneeboarding since 1976; always searching for the ultimate sled, always in awe and grateful for the work of master craftsmen, Romanosky, Frye, Cleary, Mc Cray, Timpone, Ballestar, Minami, Hart.
fincut

Post by fincut »

First session was awesome. So I was a little apprehensive because its an off the rack board and not a truly "custom." Silly on my part, this board works unreal for me and I'm on the heavier end at 225 to 230 and 6'2.

Floated me perfectly and paddles surprisingly great.

Surfed my favorite LJ reef with ok angle on the swell, a bit slow but still enough wall I could open her up.

Such a good board. Instant intuitiveness. For a split second I thought about grabbing a rail cause it's a new board. Not needed. Board and I felt as one right off the bat. Fast and recognized its sensitive, which is in a nice suprisingly way but not to the point of being out of control. Best phrase is High Performance. I was running the 80/20 rears which seemed perfect for the conditions, zippy with a feel of looseness. Excited to go back to the 50/50 rears when it gets big to see the difference.

No problem putting it on rail for roundhouse, it wants to go there. The board wants to go radical. Love it. Pulled a 180 reverse carve to stall to arm in the wave to get in slotted position again on my second wave. My favorite thing to do on a kneeboard.

Awesome board. Wish I would had it at Cloudbreak to help me get into the wave a touch earlier with that ever present wind coming up the face. Love having a bit narrower nose for getting into the wave a bit easier instead of being help up a tad.

Fossilman, the thicker pads work good and couldn't really tell it was that much thicker. I use their brush finish and its easy to make adjustments on the knees if needed. I'm still going to move over to covepads soon. Support the tribe.

Thanks Buddy. Tuned perfectly for me and these waves.
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Excellent rundown/recap! Sounds like that 180 reverse carve.. would make a highlight reel :D