Anyone used TACA or LASCA airlines?

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

Jimputz
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Anyone used TACA or LASCA airlines?

Post by Jimputz »

I'm planning a Central American trip and was wondering if anyone has knowledge of TACA's or LASCA's boardbag handling history??? I've usually flown major carriers but this year they're not offering the flights I need.
Anyone have some stories to share?

I don't even trust the major carriers. I always feel lucky when I see my coffin bag come rolling out. Such a relief. :roll:

Thanks, Jim
stemple
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by stemple »

flown Taca several times no problems yet. They limit you to two boards and they have always check my bag upon check in. I have a three board bag I use then pack each board separately in a padded day bag. If they let me take three then it would actually be lighter.
Jimputz

travel

Post by Jimputz »

I did some research after I posted this thread and found out that about 50% of the people that have used TACA would never use them again. Overbooking, dishonesty, lost luggage nightmares, etc.
The one story that really stands out is a complaint from a woman surfer who was traveling with a group a couple years ago.
She said that when the jet was being pushed away from the terminal area after boarding she could see their boardbags still sitting on the tarmac. :shock:
That was the last time she saw them. I couldn't even imagine. I would be the crazy customer running up and down the aisles yelling! :x
Also, they apparently had a boarding system where if you have more than one Checked Bag you have to designate a "primary" and "secondary." The secondary would usually come later if there's not enough room.
Most of these complaints in general were anywhere from the year 2000 to present day. Maybe they've made some changes?? I would hope so?