Jfooj, Smoking Rock, How's Indo

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

DavidS
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Jfooj, Smoking Rock, How's Indo

Post by DavidS »

Talked with Bud today and he said Indo must be huge this week. Maybe crazy huge :shock:

Fill us in on your trip when you return...

Smoking Rock, I hope your Indo trip is less cursed than your NS trip. Hope you returned your "Tiki" idol that Bobby Brady took from Mr. Hanalei's Cave and gave to Greg
Last edited by DavidS on Mon May 16, 2005 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Smokin Rock
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Smokin Rock »

David,
we leave weds 18th. arrive the nite of the 19th. will be in camp (Bobbys) on the 21st. looks like we'll get the tail end of this swell train and hopefully another on it's heels. i'm frickin peaking with excitement :D
Bud made me some newys (F2K's) with a jungle camo pattern which i hope to keep in their rightful shape the entire trip. the boards look awesome but i have'nt been able to ride em cuz it's flat and i've been so busy. Fooj got a newy to and says his is a rocket.
hopefully the demons have been exorcised. i've been laying pretty low. especially on fri (13th) :shock:
i took my mefloquine the other nite (malarial med) and had the most bizarre dreams. i dreamed i went to the north shore and busted all my boards. :lol:
how about you? get any of that south? or have you been playing dad and workin.
i will give a full report upon return to internet access with some of the sordid details and lies about fooj. :P
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
hart

Indo

Post by hart »

Aloha Mike

Julie and I will be in Bali for 8 days from June 1st.

My mobile will have global roaming so call me if you get this message and you are near

0414 675 453

bruce
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

Bruce,
damn! we leave on the 31st of may.
that sucks but am stoked you two are going to Bali. have fun. are you bringing a board or is that a dumb question. right now i'm trying to line up some accomodations on the west side of the island for our final couple of days. somewhere away from the tourist thing.
why don't you try to come early so we can have a Bali gathering? lol
we're out of camp on the 28th and hopefully will he somewhere near Suraberata. if you do show up early :roll: , bring a few flashpoints for me and fooj to test out! :shock: :D 8)
tubeys and booties are encouraged.
fooj

Post by fooj »

David,
Remaining calm at this point is my main ambition. You know that boiling feeling? Adrenaline and fully digested squid luau? Ye! Ha! Would be killer if you were coming, maybe next time.

Mike,
Glad you're gonna stick to lies, keeping to our agreement that what happens in Indo, STAYS in Indo.
bongbong
farbz
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by farbz »

locks on board bags boys :D
john -

Re: Jfooj, Smoking Rock, How's Indo

Post by john - »

DavidS wrote: Smoking Rock, I hope your Indo trip is less cursed than your NS trip. Hope you returned your "Tiki" idol that Bobby Brady took from Mr. Hanalei's Cave and gave to Greg

its amazing that one episode has lasted in minds this long...even in Oz...what...33 years ago and i can still see them getting of the plane and all

good to see you going to Bali hart...bust the media bullshite...and spread the real love
merely labled
kage

Post by kage »

S.R.,
The 31st is a good day to travel. I will burn some special mojo to turn your luck, you deserve it. :D
we are the knights that say knee
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

thought i'd post a few photos before i expounded on our trip.
g-land was magical. i've never seen such a awesome setup. the waves were 4-6' with some 8'ers out the back on our first day. i was jittery all the first day. even after i got some good rides the jitters did'nt go away. i think it was just so much adrenalin from being out in such good waves. we surfed moneys for hours and got incredible waves. the next day it was still 4-6' but with no sets out the back. the photos i posted were from this day. (side note; Jeff was ripping and got tons of good waves but the camera did'nt capture his best moments. we have more photos from another photog coming so maybe he's got the goods on Jeff. also, i know Jeff mentioned his surfs were kind of personal momentos he was reluctant to share. c'mon Jefe' bus em out!) the surf dropped for the rest of our stay but it was overhead somewhere on the point the entire trip. in the morning we'd have breakfast and check the surf which would be kinda lumpy until like clockwork everyday around 10-10:15, the wind would kick in straight offshore and within a half hour the waves would be perfect.
i traveled with my brother and Jfooj. they turned out to be perfect travel partners. we had a blast talking story after the surf. for the first few days Jeff kept my brother and i from being too uncivil towards each other but after we became more familiar with each other poor Jeff started taking his fair share of abuse (as well as dishing it out) from the chronically immature Kennedy bros. my brother Pat was especially adept at making fun of kneeboarders asking us if two half men makes one surfer. he suggested if we make a kneeboard video we should call it "flippers of fury". saying "flippers" in a most femminine and pee wee hermanish way. while on the subject of verbal abuse toward kneeboarders, we certainly took our share at the camp. most in good fun but abuse nonetheless. after one session where Jeff got snaked one too many times he started going off (after 5 or 6 Bintangs) this was highly entertaining as Jeff is usually one of the most gentlemanly softspoken guys i know. another side of Jeff i had'nt seen before was him getting worn out. he's usually a sparkplug with endless energy for surf after surf but halfway through the trip he was taking naps. perfect surf, a fridge endlessly filled with cold Bintangs and the mild phychosis induced by too much time with the Kennedy brothers was finally taking it's toll.
on the 2nd to last day at camp my brother and i got a late start. Fooj had already gone out. we did the boat baby thing and when we pulled up to speedies it was 4' and going off. 8'+ faces breaking in maybe a foot of water. incredibly hollow. there were only 4 of us on the boat and the crowd of 40 or so were 100 yrds away at moneys with no clue speedies was working. we surfed for at least two hours in the the shallowest most perfect waves i've ever seen. one guy wanted nothing to do with it and paddled right in. that left only 3 of us to get any wave we wanted. i had my springsuit on for reef protection and my favorite 5'10" fish hybrid. i must have got 25 waves that session. i'm still peaking from those waves and have'nt been surfing since we got back. everything seems so downhill after that.
Red's coming for a visit to check the Big Isle out so i'll get back in the water then.
for anyone wanting the surf trip of a lifetime, G-land will probably deliver.
on the dark side, the week prior to our visit a guy dislocated his shoulder and another guy went feet first into the reef. one of his feet went into a crack and sheared most of the flesh from his heel and ankle. at any time during our stay, 10-20% of the camp population were injured. i was taking a picture of the big banner that says "Bobbys surf combat" and while i was taking the picture one guy limped by with a twisted ankle and another was all bandaged up from deep reef cuts. i finally understood the "surf combat" slogan.
Cripple Crusader

Post by Cripple Crusader »

Mike - thanks for the post on the trip - makes for great reading and a lot of fantasising (about the WAVES!!!!! :roll: )

"Flippers of Fury" - LOL - love it!!! :lol: :lol: :D
On your knees, if you please