RIO NEXTPA/ TIXLA... ANY SECRETE SPOTS IN THE AREA?

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

eqKneelo
Legend (Contribution King!)

RIO NEXTPA/ TIXLA... ANY SECRETE SPOTS IN THE AREA?

Post by eqKneelo »

I leave for Mexico this week and will be there for 13 days. I am gonna start up around Tixla, then work my way down to Nextpa.
1) Any tips.
2) Know of any nice, safe places to stay on the points?
3) Are there any little secret spots I should be aware of 8) ?
Thanks
EQ
gogglefog
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by gogglefog »

A guy named Chicho and his brother own a camp on the point at Nexpa. Last time I was there they were getting that built. It's safe as the family watches out for you there. If you have a car there is a really nice hotel by Mexican standards in the town just south of Nexpa - about a ten minute drive. If you plan to camp at Ticla bring gifts for the locals - the area is known for ripoffs so if you hook the people up first and they'll watch out for you.
Ticla takes some swell to make the point really work. If there's not much swell you can surf there just south of the point - or you can head up to Boca de Apisa or Pascuales where there will definitely be waves.
wino

Post by wino »

Ed, start at Pacuales. If it is too big or stormy then head south to Tixla and Nexpa. Nexpa is a way better point than Tixla very safe and has a cool town near by, Coleta de Campos.
Pascuales is the most consistant of all the places in the region so make sure you check it out. I've had some of the best tubes of my life there.
Greg Little

Post by Greg Little »

I have to agree with Wino. Pascuales is the Place to start. Stay in Tecoman at the Gina hotel, and enjoy a meal at La Polapa, a local favorite. Or any of the taco stands in the town square. Take a day trip
down to Tecla have some fun. Have FUN!!!!
Greg....
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

He shoots..... HE SCORES!
Unbelievable trip. Shot down to Nextpa to start. Got a week of fun to PUMPING surf. Wave reminds me a superfun Cloudbreak day... long and barreling and wackable. Found a secrete right in the area that blows offshore in the afternoon... reminded me of Little Drakes at The Ranch.... and then came Pasquales. :shock: Holy Crap!!!
Had to paddle out alone my first morning because there was NO ONE around to pull into the PERFECT SPITTING 4-6ft barrels. That place will love you and hurt you and stoke you and scare you all within 30 seconds flat. After 3 days I headed up the coast for a wedding, finally hooked up with Sprocket, to discover the whole Mexican Riviera around Carayes has tones of spots.
Can't wait to go back.
"2006 KSUSA NEXTPA INVITATIONAL"
EQ
Jack Beresford

EQ

Post by Jack Beresford »

EQ - I gotta ask, is that you getting your arse kicked by Angelina Jolie in the trailer for Mr. Smith/Mrs. Smith? I saw this before Star Wars saturday night.
Jack Beresford
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Jack, Jack, Jack.... Don't you have this bookmarked? ;-)

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/Pe ... onid-75913

(actually, there's no mention of it there...)

And, EQ... hello? Pix? Least you could do for us wind-blown landlubbers.
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

Sadly, that is not me. The Producers offered me the role, but I said:
"If I'm shooting a scene with Angelina Jolie, I'm shooting it butt f@cking NAKED!" :D

They haven't returned my agent's calls in 10 months...
Greg Little

Post by Greg Little »

EQ Welcome home, and I'm glad you SCORED!!!
Next time you want to go down there let me know.
Greg...