Bali Bound...give me ideas.

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

halbs
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

bali bound

Post by halbs »

Floyd I doubt I could go back again next year, but we are going back in 2009 for a lengthy stay so I might do another boat trip then. Do you get over to the west coast [of SA] at all? if you do look me up for a surf...ps Bintang is good gear, the coopers of indo.

Tomway it looks like I climbed Krakatoa at the right time, is it still erupting?
getting there is often as good as getting there
floyd699
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by floyd699 »

Halbs - will give you a pm when I look to do a trip way out west.
I travel a fair bit for work so many times don't look to travel for a surf unless heading OS for holiday, but be different with someone to hook up with while away
Doc Turbo

Re: outta here

Post by Doc Turbo »

geo wrote:Strange that this topic comes around as I leave for Bali on Sunday for a month. Have not been since 2001, sure lots going on looking forward to the outer island trips along with G-land. Selamat Jalan
Give us a report when you see the off season GLand, or reverse Gland? Thanks man

bali bound

Post by halbs »

Hi Doc
Is Geo heading back or is that an old post?
Also where are you based in Indonesia?

Halbs
Doc Turbo

Re: bali bound

Post by Doc Turbo »

halbs wrote:Hi Doc
Is Geo heading back or is that an old post?
Also where are you based in Indonesia?

Halbs
Maybe was looking at an old post, based in Jakarta since 1984, weekend warrior in West Java

Post by floyd699 »

Halbs - where in the west are you?
Have a mate & his wife moved to Sheringa 12 mnths ago, been too slack to visit them but will one day when I dothe Pt Aggutta trip for work. If the waves are sweet, may have to pack the bd & rassie 2.
halbs

bali bound

Post by halbs »

Flloyd I am in Ceduna, have been for a long time, great coast for surf!!
halbs

Post by halbs »

Hi Stephen over 20 years in Jakarta thats a long stint!! I stayed in Jakarta briefly this year on the way to Panaitan Island man that place is huge. What do you do there and do you get to Panaitan at all, we had some of the regular American visitors from Huntington down there, one guy nicknamed Hollywood lives in Jakarta and surfs around the place, from memory he had a removalist business, how many surfers are based in Jakarta? sorry for all the questions just find it interesting, cheers Grant.
Xmas

Post by Xmas »

Bali lovers:

Has anyone stayed at La Joya at Balangan?

Looks nice - http://www.la-joya.com/en/index.html

The other half has concerns we might be 'trapped' there because it is away from the usual bemo on every corner spots.

Has anyone stayed at another place at Balangan (or close by) that they could recommend?

cheers

xmas
Doc Turbo

Indonesia

Post by Doc Turbo »

halbs wrote:Hi Stephen over 20 years in Jakarta thats a long stint!! I stayed in Jakarta briefly this year on the way to Panaitan Island man that place is huge. What do you do there and do you get to Panaitan at all, we had some of the regular American visitors from Huntington down there, one guy nicknamed Hollywood lives in Jakarta and surfs around the place, from memory he had a removalist business, how many surfers are based in Jakarta? sorry for all the questions just find it interesting, cheers Grant.

Hey Halbs, sorry for missing your post for 4 months, yep do Panaitan pretty regular, next trip is 20th April, third trip this year, got the scars to prove it. Hollywood is Bill, he works for Lane Moving. Total surfers based in Jakarta according my last count, and that is anything with a board in the water more than once a month is about 50 surfers. Locals in Cimaja about 50 guys

You can email me directly, stephen.booth@teknokraft.com.
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by tkjj »

Xmas wrote:Bali lovers:

Has anyone stayed at La Joya at Balangan?

Looks nice - http://www.la-joya.com/en/index.html

The other half has concerns we might be 'trapped' there because it is away from the usual bemo on every corner spots.

Has anyone stayed at another place at Balangan (or close by) that they could recommend?

cheers

xmas
I haven't actually stayed there but I have been hanging out at the beach over the last 2o years. It is a really nice place and would be very relaxing but your girl is right about being "stuck". realistically it is about 40 + min drive to Kuta for some entertainment so if she wants shopping or bars cafe etc it is a long trip.

I am heading back in 7 weeks for 3 weeks and I will be staying at Flowerebud at Belangan for a week then 2 weeks in Kuta. That gets a bit of the relax I am on holidays out of the way for the wife while I surf myself into the ground for a week. Then back to Kuta and day trips to the surf.

It is amazing to see how much the place has changed from when you had to climb down the cliff to get to the beach to know having luxury accomodation. I remember surfing it with knowone but my bali friends for days at a time.

Hope you enjoy your stay.
Seng Can Can