Meandering

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

AM_Glass
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Meandering

Post by AM_Glass »

Such a funny word to bring such joy...

from the National Hurricane Center
THIS WOULD RESULT IN
A SIGNIFICANT DECREASE IN FORWARD SPEED BEYOND 3 DAYS AND IN
FACT...IRENE COULD BEGIN MEANDERING.
While visiting the land of 12 hour swell windows (NE coast, Long Island, NY), to hear that a hurricane will be loitering offshore is a huge treat. Even if it only kicks up waist high waves, meandering implies it will last for longer than one 8 hour work day and I may get some of it!

Oh how many swells I didn't surf because they arrived and left while I was sleeping, working, not paying attention, blinking.
It could be worse, I could be in Oakla-homa.
willli

Post by willli »

You mean you didn't check 44025 every morning and night?
This season is shaping up like 1995 when there was surf every week from mid August to October. Surfers from Cali were so sick of their flat summer they were flying EAST to get some.
ScottMac
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man O' War

Scene of the Crime

Post by Man O' War »

Irene graced us with her charms. There are many suicidal FL surfers this morning, though, as the day dawned knee-to-waste. This was supposed to be a multi-day event, and the surf starvation is as acute here as on the West Coast, but Irene's waves lasted one day only, inspite of AM_Glass's optimism. We got it yesterday at Sebastian, 4-6' with plus sets, healthy 10-sec. ground swell. Clean in the a.m., chop in the afternoon, clean again in the evening. She's headed your way, Willli.

We were not alone at Sebastian. I challenge you CSI guys to piece together what happened. (Sorry, Scoop) Winner gets a free RonJon sticker.

KAVA

Post by KAVA »

looks like someone packed the boards together crassed and with skegs facing each other? keep the sticker
DarcyM

Post by DarcyM »

It looks like a close encounter with an upside down twin fin, there looks to be a compression trail leading into the upper wound, so there was forward motion before complete penetration. (hmm, sounds nasty ....) Although the smaller, lower gash is somewhat confusing. Perhaps it was a trifin? There seems to be a lot of curve in the two gashes, though evenly spaced and equal size ... the wounded board would have landed on top of the bottom of other board at a 90 degree angle.

You were doing a HUGE AIR off of an Irene generated Sebastion Inlet sandbar left, when a suicidal surf rat in the impact zone dove out of the way and subsequently into your path, while turning turtle on his lime green fish and bracing for the impact .... the last thing that little bugger saw was the pale blue MAN O' WAR about to open a can of whupass all over his sorry little self.
:twisted:

FLASHIE!
down but never out
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
Man O' War

Post by Man O' War »

Darcy,
You are amazing. Seriously. In fact, I'm afraid of you. You described it almost to a T. It was a floater. I can still see the fear in the poor guy's eyes before he rolled his twin. I shouldn't have, but I think I enjoyed it as I landed on him. Sick. No harm done to his board, though.

A few minutes later that was me. I was paddling out and a guy pearled in front of me. His board disappears and I get this bad feeling. I barely have time to roll and feel the impact. It stuck like an arrow in a target, wiping the grin off my grill.

I sincerely hope you're working for the SDPD.

Nice try, Kava. You pretend you don't care, but I see the hurt in your eyes. The sticker goes to Darcy, sister of the Amazing Kreskin.