Cook Islands

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

stemple
Legend (Contribution King!)

Cook Islands

Post by stemple »

I just noticed but Aloha airlines is having a special $520 round trip to Raratonga, Cook Islands from Oakland,CA. There is some info on web about surf at a handful of spots. Anybody been there? Is it worth trip?

Stemple
scoop

Post by scoop »

hope these sites work for you stemple
http://www.cook.islands-holiday.com/surfing.html
http://www.pacificresortguide.com/surf.html

if you go there you have to go out to AITU TAKI and stay overnight minimum....esspecially if you with female company :D
you will be blown away....i dont think any surf out there but you never know and wont need it anyway

cheers matee

tony
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
krackatoa

Raro

Post by krackatoa »

would love to know if stemple went and got anything different to krackatoa. we stayed ten days and saw a couple of mini reef passes with fin breaking shallow water - no swell at all during that time (north swell window), but lots of press from the local sponger crew who claim raro goes off on its day.

Strongly suggest for the time and $$ go to Fiji's frigate pass (batiluva.com) or tahiti (bonjouir.com) teahupoo and other reef breaks. Aitutaki looked worse in terms in reef pass quantity and quality. Me muminlaw went and loved it!!
Ted
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by Ted »

i would go to outer islands tahiti very shallow though.the outer islands of huahini and moorea have unreal waves and less crowds!
stemple

Post by stemple »

I never went but I am still on the look out for another good deal.