Costa Rica Travels

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

Stephen Michael
Local (More than 25 post)

Costa Rica Travels

Post by Stephen Michael »

I have enjoyed several trips over the last couple of years to the Northern Costa Rican pennisula finding excellant consistant waves. I also recently got married at sunset in CR. It was a 4-7 ft A-frame,barrelling honeymoon. Thought I would share a few pics if I figure out how to attach them.
From a "Greenough Inspired 48 yr old Kneeboard Only Guy".
Stephen
waltmayo
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Costa Rica

Post by waltmayo »

I'm headed there soon with my son (17 y/o standup). We're headed to Witch's Rock Surf Camp... can hardly wait. Since I love going right all the breaks look terrific...

Walt
waltmayo

Just got back...

Post by waltmayo »

My son and I just got back from Tamarindo... loads of fun. Witch's Rock was good... Nosara was good... Negra was big, but sloppy, Avellanes was good... it was all good, dude! Witch's Rock Surf Camp was a fun way to do the area. They ran vans and SUV's every day to several breaks. Right now the boat trips to Ollie's and Witch's are being banned by the government. They are driving down there, though.

The breaks are billed as all rights, but don't belive it... lefts are there, too...

Tamarindo is a fun little town. The food is good (and cheap)... easy Internet access to stay in touch with home. The canopy tour was excellent... must do if you go. Pack plenty of sun screen!

Check out vacationexpress.com for cheap flights and housing... we didn't do it, but others did. The hotel (Diria) is the best in Tamarindo.

Walt
43 y/o / kneeboarding and yoga keep you young...
ivandill

Post by ivandill »

Been in Costa Rica 3 times, got to say that now i feel a deep love for that country, that makes me sometime to try to dump everything here at home and get my ass there and make it home.Is such a beatiful country, with beatiful people,and so many diverse type of surf.Like i say been there already 3 time, and still havent seen it all.My favorite waves there are Pavones,which i have the luck to ride in a really large swell,the mean barrell of Salsa Brava in the caribean, the punchy beachbreak of Hermosa
and everyone favorite Wicth Rock.Got to tell that there alot of more waves there to explore with lot of potential,in the caribean and the pacific.Think costa ricas will be a good place to make a a Kneelo gathering in summer some time,cause there allways a wave somewhere a most of the time is good quality.Reefbreaks,beachbreaks,rivermouth, long pointbreaks, costa rica have it all.

pura vida

p.S. Have self impose me a ban to travel there for 3 year got to see the rest of the world.
Attachments
scan0025.jpg
salsa brava
(69.55 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
scan0027.jpg
pavones
(79.25 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
VANCHEE
ivandill

more pics

Post by ivandill »

Costa Rica
Attachments
scan0029.jpg
big pavones
(64.79 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
scan0028.jpg
long pavones
(76.12 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
scan0031.jpg
Dirty dominical,bigger than it look
(74.94 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
VANCHEE
Stephen Michael

Kneeboarder headed to Costa Rica Dec/Jan

Post by Stephen Michael »

Thank you for the awesome pictures of CR as well as your testimony. I am headed to Nosara after xmas and will be staying for 2 weeks in that area.....many lonely barrels to be had and offshore usually all day.
Any one interested? If so I will post it for an an additional gathering.
That place stole my heart several years back!
Let me hear your thoughts.

Stephen - Florida
Stephen
scoop
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by scoop »

hey steven...
im 48 too
kb/ing is the only sport im doing now
though im lucky enough to be self employed and often get the opportunity to have mid week sessions after all the schoolies and workers have departed the early timeslot

enjoy all and maybe we will paddle past each other out in our search for that awsome green room...that seems ever so elusive

tony
chuckster

Gots to go to Costa.

Post by chuckster »

Yea
Costa Rica is an adventure you will never forget!!
Being from So. Cal. I fell in love with Costa first time in '00 and have been goin back every year. It has it all!!
Pura Vida
cw 8) :D
Attachments
secret_spot_morning_surf.jpg
(42.41 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
Still rippen after 40 years. 40 years thats right
scoop

Post by scoop »

hey i just saw a documentry on cable here showing some awsome C R surfing spots...im looking out to see if its repeated so i get the names of the spots but they were taken in by boat and was described as being around 9-11ft....some of the guys wore some coral as was only inches below the surface in places

is definately one future must go destination

i figure a west coast exsperiance one time ... start down south and surf my way up the coast and finish with some nth american or candian skiing adventure

soubds good anyway

tony
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day