Travels through OZ

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

albert
Legend (Contribution King!)

Travels through OZ

Post by albert »

Hey everyone, Just thought I would drop you all a line and let you know that I am ok. I have been getting some awesome waves here in Oz, my latest adventure came today when I decided it would be a good idea to try to catch a wave by jumping off a barnacle encrusted rock at Evans Head. To the point, it did not work and now I have some barnacle cuts on my feet that are extremely annoying. Among other adventures, I nearly sacrificed my old board to some rocks at Lennox (several times), and I have been here for nearly a month and have gotten absolutely no loving from the ladies (been spending way too much time in the surf).
Other than that i have been in Byron Bay for about a week now, waiting to get some boards David Parkes just shaped for me and from there I have absolutely no plans as to where to go. Dont worry about me though, I will attempt my darndest to endure the hardships of living with no job, no resposibilities and nothing to do all day but surf and have fun.
Warmest Regards.
Albert Munoz
Don
Admin

Wordz of Wizdom

Post by Don »

Rocks and barnacles are dangerous to your stick - stay away from them, they are no good.

Ladies on the other hand are good for your stick and you should seek them out immediately.

:mrgreen:

Cheerz Mate

Don
Dave K.
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Lennox Heads

Post by Dave K. »

Hi Albert
I was at Lennox recently. One morning the there was about 5 kneelos in the water all of them going off- I didnt get to talk to any of them just the way the surf was and where I was sitting . You might have been one of them. I hope your enjoying Aust. - and leave those aussie girls alone.

Regards
Dave K
Tom Linn

Post by Tom Linn »

Albert you dog! Please keep up the posts on your travels and adventures so that I can live vicariously through you. Good luck..........Tom
albert

Still traveling through Oz

Post by albert »

Well, I just looked at the models and apparently we are in for the first autumn swell, and I was foolish enough to think that the whole time here we have had swell. Anyway since my last post, my wounds have healed, I got my new boards (actually buckled one of them on my second surf) and I cant wait until we get some real swell.
In any event, I hear the US Championships are on this year again, I wish I could make it for that but the lure of Oz is just too great.
I hope to participate in a few of the contests that are to be held here this year. I have to hand it to the Aussies on this one, even though Peter Holeman royally screwed 20 years of kneeboarding by his antics at the Worlds last year, the Aussies have banded together and not given up.
Anyway, gotta go.
See ya
Albert
albert

More traveling through Oz

Post by albert »

Well, Im back in Wollongong staying at Steeno's again. Aussie hospitality just seems to blow me away more every day. We've been here in gong awaiting the school holidays to be over before we hit the road again.
Since we got back to gong, we have again caught some awesome waves (this time I seem to have been going on without leaving any more fleshy bits on barnacles or rocks, knock on wood).
Will update some more later.

Take care.
Albert
Tom Linn

Post by Tom Linn »

OK Albert, we know you are scoring the waves. But has your luck with the ladies improved any?
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

Albert needs to learn how to close the sale he hehehe he
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
Eric Carson

Post by Eric Carson »

Hey Albert,
My friend is having Brian Tudor glass some new sticks. Brian has your old templates and said we can use them to shape a few kneeboards.
How did those boards ride compaired to what your riding now?
Hope it gets good there.
-Eric-
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

I can't believe the " My name is Albert and I'm an unemployed seppo kneeboarder crashing on my buddy's couch for 6 months" rap
isn't working!
Maybe you should tell them how you got 3rd at the Surfer Bowl. I'm sure they'll be impressed.
Steeno

life can be tough sometimes-is this a test

Post by Steeno »

Here is some tuff knews

Albert and Sander where packing there car up the night before they head of to NSW South Coast, so it would be easy to take of the next day. Lets go out tonight and party was the call.

On Saturday night, Albert Munoz and his mate Sander went out partying to the pubs and clubs to have a shot at the title. With some success in view the boys kept tuning away at these experienced looking women. I stayed in this night to spend some time with my partner Sylvia. I crashed out on the lounge and woke up about 12:30 am the boys where still out having a shot. I walked out on my balcony and the boys van was not there. Uh huh! some success for Albert or his mate Sander. The night passed, I got up in the morning looked around, Albert was back in his room out cold, and went out to the balcony and the car was still gone, mmmm Sander had scored, cool and about time hehe. Albert got up about 15 mins later, walked out saw the van missing and thought cool Sander's still going. 11:30 am rocks around and Sander turns up with a big smile on his dial. The boys all high five each other and the stories start to flow, Albert talks of being shut down by a girl who all of a sudden (after hours of tuning) remembers she has a husband and two kids. Albert comes home early. Sander keeps a little quite and slips out "i have done heaps worse" & "I am happy". Sweet a good night had by all. Until Albert goes to the car, he is gone for ten minutes, comes back. "Sander, where is the car?" the next repsonse was "your farking kidding" we all go out on the balcony to the view of no car. "your farking kidding" came out my mouth. The van had been STOLEN with all their worldy possesions. 3 boards, clothes, camera's, passports, sleeping bags the lot. No way, I could not believe it. parked next to my car. Everything. I parted a small joke to lighten the situation "Thank goodness for insurance" Not a funny joke, the boys have no insurance at all. No way, Albert came of better than Sander, he had a board still in my house and there wetsuits where hanging on my balcony. They did not lose any money or travellers cheques, they had that on themselves. Albert also had his passport at my place, phew!
This happened yesterday and still no sign of the van, I rang and fronted every lowlife I know in town, to no avail. We drove to all the usual dumping places for stolen cars, nothing. We rang the police, nothing.

Isn't it a shame that this world has people who have NO respect for others and there property. If I find them, they wont live in this town again. I can promise you that.

This is the stuff that tests you in life. wankers.

dad
coach
godfather
albert

Post by albert »

Yeah, it does suck that this had to happen to us at this time with how well things were going and what not...

So, if anyone happens to stumble upon a 5'7" x 22 3/8" Parkes with a yellow and green logo with TEAM and ALBERT printed next to the dimentions please let me know.

If you see this board in Oz please give me a ring on my mobile 04 3988 3206.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Albert
Ler

Post by Ler »

Check any local pawn shops or any place that buys and sells sporting
goods. Good luck.
Steeno

Post by Steeno »

we are on everything thing, pawn shops, underground dealers, u name it. Lived here all my life and know everyone and anyone. there is no chance it will pop up here without me knowing. I am sure it was the drugos, who strip the cars, use them for a while to ransack homes and then dump them of a cliff nearby. lowlifes. I will find out eventually who did it. Most of Wollongong has there eyes out for it.

cheers

dad
coach
godfather
scoop

Post by scoop »

hey i was up in byron in mid march....had some great surfs with JC (9th worlds) ripped off i believe(Suffolk Park)and myself.....was an awsome surf over the month

Alburt..you still in oz

hows the board situation....i have spares if you need them ...im in sydney(0408100555)...though Slats will help out too im sure
byron is full of transients as i call them...sorry to hear of your delema

tony