NORTH OF SPAIN - SOUTH OF FRANCE

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

Iñigo
Local (More than 25 post)

NORTH OF SPAIN - SOUTH OF FRANCE

Post by Iñigo »

Hello everybody,

I am a kneeboarder from Zarautz, in the Basque Country in the North of Spain, I am 36 years old and have been kneeboarding for 20 years. I want to offer help to any of you travelling to the North of Spain ( Mundaka, Sopelana, Zarautz, Gros....) or Soth of France ( Las Landas, Hossegor, Biarritz...) to surf. Also if you are visiting us in July ( San Fermines - Bull racing).

Anything you ask I will try to help.

Sorry for Mark Robertson. Thanks to him I have known this web page but I couldn't offer him my help. ¿ Perhaps next time you visit us?

I have tried the board you gave me. I like it , it is very fast and a bit "crazy". I think fins are a little so sometimes I slide in the wave wall. The solution, I have to put my knees in the botton of the board.

Best regards to everybody

I look forward a visit from the USA

IÑIGO
Dunc
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Dunc »

Inigo,
I have surfed the area around Zarautz a few times and occasionally seen a kneeboarder I wonder if that was you?
In the UK we have formed the British Kneelo Club over the last year and just heald the first independent Kneeboard Nationals with and International competition as well. I am very keen to link up with European Kneelos and try to have a European gathering or even better a European Kneeboard Championships with the backing of the ESF (European Surfing Federation). Would you be interested in this? I have seen the European pictures on the Blast Hawaii website which look like they are taken around the Basque country and Santander. How many kneelos do you know in your area?
Dunc
Iñigo

KNEEBOARDER IN SPAIN

Post by Iñigo »

Hello Dunc,

Surelly, the only kneeboard in Zarautz is me. I know another one in Mundaka, AKETZA, he is famous becouse he took part in a tv program (Big Brother). There are more people in CANARIAS and in Galicia but I am not in contact with them. I think I could contact them if I try.
Of course I am interested in collaborating and taking part in anything and if it is in the European area better. If you come again this part please establish contact with me. There are not many kners in this area. People think that if you are a kner and not a surfer is becouse you have any physical problem (This is my case). It is not much time I thought the same. Now I know there are many people that take the option of kneeboard instead of surfing. There are many people that use " PAIPO" small sizes boards of plastic. I think that if we try to show the advantages of using a kneeboard more people will try it.
As you can see there many things to do but I am here to work in any proposition you made.
Be free to contact me for anything
Dunc

Post by Dunc »

Inigo
I'll keep in touch and let you know next time I am in your area. Do you get Pukas to make yuor boards? The kneelo I saw was riding a red and white Pukas. I wonder who posted the pictures on the Blast site?
Dunc
Iñigo

Post by Iñigo »

Hello Dunc,

Yes, I had a red and whitw "pukas" with two fins but it broke. Now I have an "essus" three fins blue and white and a "world explotion" , adonation of Mark Richardson when he came last September to this area. I really notice diferences between both boards. The "world explostion" is faster and easier to move.
Now that I have a model to copy, next board will be based in the "world explotion"
About the photographs I do not see them yet. I will comment you once I see them.
We will be in touch

IÑIGO