Forget Sayuilta, Puerto Escondido (and La Punta) Advice

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

AM_Glass
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Forget Sayuilta, Puerto Escondido (and La Punta) Advice

Post by AM_Glass »

Anyone have a suggestion of where to stay down there? I would like to try 4-6 puerto, and if my board body survives I could relax surfing la punta. Even sounds like the wife could do a little surfing down on the sandy inside of la punta. IM is fine if you don't want to completely reveal your secrets to the WHOLE world.
It could be worse, I could be in Oakla-homa.
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

Last edited by JohnS on Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
AM_Glass

Post by AM_Glass »

With rates starting at $120 per couple in the off season (summer) I'm not going to jump on this one. It does look quite nice, but I'm a cheap husband.

I see there are mucho mas places listed on the web. I'm wondering if anyone can vouch for any of the places. Thankx
Bintang Bob

Post by Bintang Bob »

I used to stay with friends Gabriella and Raul over lookin' the beach break in Puerto.... when the cat house on the highway up graded their sound system to a thumping base fed monster, you couldn't sleep at night even with ear plugs and the cat house wasn't that close to the Doctors estate.... be sure to check the location of the accomodation in relation to night "hot spots" (bring ear plugs anyway).... also, during major holidays the place packs out with people from Mexico City so plan ahead.... 8)
Kneel before the majesty of our mother ocean
AM_Glass

Post by AM_Glass »

Good point. I have heard mixed opinions on how "Disco" town has gotten. I guess there's at least one club with the potential to ruin a night of sleep. We probably can't go until mid-summer, but I'll check the mexican holiday calender before booking anything.
Ler
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

the best

Post by Ler »

Hotel Santa Fe is the best. The best ever and killer pools, just the best

mike
tango storm
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by tango storm »

if you take woman stay at santa fe period. it is worth the money if you plan on getting "tubed" Trust me . There is a cove to the north of town that is nice to take take her too. It is ridable when the surf gets big. The point is easy when it is small. When it is shoulder high or bigger, keep an eye on your wife!