Bali and beyond

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

KLHK
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Bali and beyond

Post by KLHK »

I am finally leaving Aus. Been a great stay, thanks to all the fun and hospitable aussies I have had the pleasure of spending time with.
I will be in Indo for 7 weeks, starting in Bali on wednesday.

Would be happy to know any must see spots, good places to eat and stay, surf, do's and don'ts.. etc. etc....or have a surf with anyone who might be over during the next few months.

Kiya
wolruss
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by wolruss »

Good luck, Kiya, hope you get some positive replies to this thread.
To any who are considering answering Kiya's call, please do, she's a courageous soul with heaps of 'ticker" - impressed everyone who saw her paddle out into that cauldron of exploding water at Coffs at the comp.
Hope to see you again back in Oz.........oh yea........Glenys says to behave yourself and be good to your mother.

Cheers Wolruss
austo
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by austo »

Hi Kiya good luck on your travels, I always stay at the Sinar Indah hotel in Legian. Its a hidden treasure its cheap ($20/night), clean and the water is hot. Its got the cleanest pool in Bali and the people are really nice. Its small and not 5 star but there is a good resteraunt there(with room service) and a conveinece store on the premises as well. Its just near the end of Padmar St. There is a brick wall over the road with a dodgey ladder to climb over and it take you straight to the beach and there is normally a good bank out the front for those late arvo surfs before you head out for a night on the town. If your looking for a driver to get out of town to go surfing ask one of the boys there and they will hook you up, just ask around to make surer you get a good price. If you go to go to get something to eat at" Wyans and friends" (great fruit smoothies) ask if Nanga is around he is a driver over there and tell him Mick and Stuart from Perth recomended him he will take you to all the surf breaks you want to go.I'm sure in no time you will meet crew anyway and hook up with them so I probably dont need to tell you all this but here is the contact hope you have a blast.
SSHHHH now keep this one a secret :wink:

http://www.sinarindah.com/index.php
Kneelos do it deeper
tomway

Post by tomway »

Hi kiya :D
I sent you a pm.
stevea

Bali and Beyond

Post by stevea »

Hi Kiya,
Feel free to get in touch while you are in Bali ,i live in the Seminyak area ,there are a couple of beachbreaks nearby that dont get crowded mainly because they only offer short windows of oportunity its more laidback than Kuta Legian area but suits me rooms with a/c h/w are around $20 but no pool
Any how im up for a surf most times and get an ok rate on car hire .I always keen to hook up up with fellow kneelos my mobile here is081353092272
PS any other kneelos coming this way its an open invitation
KLHK

Post by KLHK »

Thanks heaps guys,
I am all set for tomorrow, really looking forward to another adventure.
see you soon.
Kiya
Doc Turbo

Earthquake in Sumbawa

Post by Doc Turbo »

Just heard that yesterday local time about 0630 in the morning there was a substantial earthquake in Sumbawa, over 6 on scale.

Post by KLHK »

yeah earthquake...I was at lakey peak for that.
I was still asleep and was very confused, it felt like there were many dogs running around under my bed making it shake like crazy. I woke up and realized actually the whole cabin was shaking. It was pretty strange, I was glad when it stopped. For a sketchy little building it seemed to hold up pretty well.
We had another small one a few days later.