Accommodation at Ulu's / Bingin

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

Troz and Chayno
Local (More than 25 post)

Accommodation at Ulu's / Bingin

Post by Troz and Chayno »

Hey Crew,

We just signed up for four weeks in Indo. Yeeeooow!
Has anyone got any recommendations for places to stay around Bingin to Ulu's. Somewhere we can see the water and doesn't cost the earth.
We just need a place to start off with for say three days then??? Who knows where we'll end up.

Cheers 8)
Jerry
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Jerry »

I wish I could help. But I've never been there :( Next trip go to the Philippines... you can stay at our place on Siargao 8)
None rich, none poor. Everyone happy.
Troz and Chayno

Post by Troz and Chayno »

Il have to take you up on that. Been wanting to hit the Philippines for years but wouldn't know where to start.
That will have to be the next trip after NZ.
eqKneelo
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by eqKneelo »

I've got a lot of kneelos looking at places the last two weeks of August, so if you hear of anything, let me know.
The Creediler, Sprocky, and JoeKidd will all bether the 17 through the 31 of August.
tomway

Post by tomway »

Hey guys
There's a lot of choice above bingin now... and a huge range in price. You can still find some of the warungs down on the cliffs that will let you stay for a few dollars a night so long as you buy food there. On top of the cliff most of the bungalows are kind of 'boutique' and have a.c. and hot water and pool etc. and the starting price seems to be about 80usd per night.

There's a few in between places and the one that I've used a number of times in the past is 'Linny's' which is on top of the cliff directly above Bingin break itself (near Mick's place). Linny's has clean, funky fan cooled bungalows in the usual balinese style compound. Last time I stayed it was about rp100,000 a night, but it's probably nearer rp150,000 these days.

The bingin area has become really popular and when I was there last week a lot of places were full. Better to book in advance if possible. If you let me know what kind of price range are you looking for I might be able to dig up some contact numbers if you want to make reservations.

Hope some of this was useful.
Tom
tomway

Post by tomway »

Writing the previous post prompted me to check the mick's-place daily surf photo (incidentally mick's is awesome if you've got the cash) and I was very surprised to see this addition to the reef at Padang-padang!

stevea

accomadation ulus and bingin

Post by stevea »

Tom and anyone heading to Bali especially the ulus area .The fishing boat in Toms post has sustained hull damage and is leaking fuel ,it can not be dragged from the reef before the 17th on a full moon tide in the meantime oil and diesel may cause problems along the area from ulus to dreamland .The locals have been enjoying bbq tuna but who knows what will happen when the boat is dragged into deeper water the talk is sink anyway for more up to date info look up baliwaves its where i went for this info after seeing the photo
KLHK
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by KLHK »

Hey guys,
I stayed a few nights at a quiet , clean and simple homestay just 5min walk to uluwatu. Pretty resonable price, and very spacious room.
It's called homestay MAMO.
0361-769882.
It's just at the parking turnstyle on the way to ulus. pm if you have any questions.
have fun.
kiya
tkjj

Try this place

Post by tkjj »

I have been travelling to Bali for 20 years and have watched it changed so much in that time I couldn't begin to describe it.

One of my favorite places to surf and just hang out is Balangan. Not the best wave but a great vibe and truly world class on its day.

Try this place out. It is just at the top of the cliff and just have the right feel if you know what I mean.

http://www.flowerbudbalangan.com/

Good Luck with the trip

tkjj
Seng Can Can