Surf spot near legoland

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

fogcityj
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Surf spot near legoland

Post by fogcityj »

I will be going to legoland with the family middle of August and was wondering about surf spots near there.Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks.John p.s. any hotels you can recommend.thanks again
gumby
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by gumby »

I recomend the Days Inn In ocenside. 15 min from letgo land. It sets above the harbor. 5min walk to the beach and some shops and restrants. This is where the KSUSA contest was. Oceanside Pier and Harbor have a crew of regulars. Tamerack reef is the closest Lots of beach breaks
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig
toofast3
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by toofast3 »

Hey fogcity... gumby is right, there is a good handful of us in that area (myself included). We`re more then happy to show you around.
NCountyKneelo
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by NCountyKneelo »

Near the exit for Legoland (Palomar Airport Rd.) there are a number of hotels. West Inn and Suites (also has a steak house and Bistro), Inns of America, Hilton Garden (Directly accross Coast Highway from Beach, unobstructed views of the water.) and a Holiday Inn where Pea Soup Anderson's used to be. It depends on what you want to pay. Four Seasons Aviara, La Costa Resort and Grand Pacific Palisades are on the Resort end.
For a kinda funky, right on the Beach in Downtown Carlsbad place, try the Beach Terrace Inn (might sell out).

As far as Surf in Cbad, Ponto and Campgrounds are about the only places for a Kneelo. If there is a swell, O'side will be the place to be and there are number of locations where the Kneelos roam. PM me with any more questions.

The NC is for North County!
fogcityj

THANKS FOR ALL THE INSIGHT

Post by fogcityj »

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP,HOPEFULLY WILL SEE YOU IN THE WATER IF THE WIFE WILL LET ME GO.