Cabo in early December...where to go

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

sf_firestarter
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Cabo in early December...where to go

Post by sf_firestarter »

Spent 10 days on the East Cape in a home at Shipwrecks last May and had a great time. I'm going back on a couple of free flights for the same length but this time in early December. This means the cape will basically be flat as the southern hemisphere is in summer. So therefore, it looks like this time the Pacific side is the answer to take advantage of the winter north swell.

So, I'm looking for some suggestions for a central location that is wife friendly on the Pacific side. Any good ideas?
skansand
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by skansand »

pescadero...i think its a rivermouth wave 3o or 45 minutes from cabo san lucas......further up thers todos santos (not the famous big wave) ive heard has some amazing surf but dont know much else...maybe check out wannasurf.com
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
joe

Post by joe »

You might check out Hotel California, Todos Santos.
http://www.todossantosguide.com/hotelca ... index.html

Peace and quite, nothing like Cabo if that's what you're looking for.
scott hayward
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by scott hayward »

Hey Joe,
I have been there. Don't tell anyone as this is a extremely sensitive subject discussing surf spots with other surfers. Oops kneeboarders. The possibilities can be world class.
I can post. Water usually 73. Four to six great places to eat in town, if you have the energy to walk, a carnation ice cream store, and some of the best shopping streets for the Mrs.
Call for info,
Scott
scott hayward

Post by scott hayward »

Hey Joe,
I have been there. Don't tell anyone as this is a extremely sensitive subject discussing surf spots with other surfers. Oops kneeboarders. The possibilities can be world class.
I can post. Water usually 73. Four to six great places to eat in town, if you have the energy to walk, a carnation ice cream store, and some of the best shopping streets for the Mrs.
Call for info,
Scott
sf_firestarter

Post by sf_firestarter »

Thanks, I'll check out Todos.

Yeah, quite Cabo is not, last time I went down we drove into downtown Cabo and turned around and left. I do like old town San Jose Del Cabo though as it has an authentic local feel.
sf_firestarter

slight change of plans

Post by sf_firestarter »

So I'm heading down Dec 7th-14 to Todos Santos unfortunately the wife is not going. Looks like one of my buddies is going to be my bitch. On the bright side the trip will now be 100% surf centered and I can stay and eat much cheaper.