North Coast Weekend (Mendocino)

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

sf_firestarter
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

North Coast Weekend (Mendocino)

Post by sf_firestarter »

Heading up to the family cabin in Mendocino for the weekend alone or maybe with a buddy. Anybody in the area up for a surf?

It would be great to get out with or get some direction from some local guys. All the years I've been going I've only surfed the main beaches such as Fort Bragg, Mendocino town beach, the south cove and Caspers. I surfed the cove alone in the winter a few years back, surf was great but I had "that feeling" the entire time.
Last edited by sf_firestarter on Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
flaps
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by flaps »

Sounds like you're talking about the town of Mendocino, just south of Fort Bragg...Cape Mendocino is up here in Humboldt...looks like there's gonna be a macking swell by Sunday with good conditions so you should be able to score...speaking of "that feeling" some buddies were camping on the beach last week and a killer whale swam by real close to the beach, real fast, northbound...then later they saw a seal flying through the air a ways off the beach...hmmmm, mighta been the whale, possibly the grey suited one, playing with it's food :shock: Anyway, good luck, I know I'll be out searching around for some way to burn off the big meal tomorrow! :D
It's already good tomorrow...
sf_firestarter

Post by sf_firestarter »

flaps, you're correct. the town.
sf_firestarter

Post by sf_firestarter »

Surf in and near Menodocino was the craps but Point Arena on Sunday made up for it and more. Went out at the south point left, 2X overhead and glazzy for 150yds, weather was high 60s, clear, sunny, and no wind. Shared the bounty with 2 guys for 2 hours than 10 for another hour. Three other knowboarders out among the various peaks.