Peru trip video

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

austo
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Peru trip video

Post by austo »

Finally worked out how to edit video and a short clip of my road trip last year, unfortunately my week down there didnt turn on the swell before I had to continue with the rest of my holiday. The swell came two days after I left and my mate took full advantage. I'm having issues trying to get the better footage of his extra time onto youtube but I will get it on there eventually keep getting upload failed message??. Any hints on the loading onto youtube would be appreciated it took 6 hours just to load this video...is that normal?
Any way here is the link.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pXciiZ7ajHM
Kneelos do it deeper
gumby
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by gumby »

Austo
You know it is allways better after or befor you get there. Really looks like fun 8). Is that a sand bottom point? The clean up set wave looks like the place could be really fun with size. 8)
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig
quadfin

Re: Peru trip video

Post by quadfin »

austo wrote:Finally worked out how to edit video and a short clip of my road trip last year, unfortunately my week down there didnt turn on the swell before I had to continue with the rest of my holiday. The swell came two days after I left and my mate took full advantage. I'm having issues trying to get the better footage of his extra time onto youtube but I will get it on there eventually keep getting upload failed message??. Any hints on the loading onto youtube would be appreciated it took 6 hours just to load this video...is that normal?
Any way here is the link.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pXciiZ7ajHM
Good video. Used to periodically work on those platforms seen in the distance. Was rarely surfed when I worked there (Early 80's), mainly because of the healthy white shark population.
Surf Hard Live Slow
weirdo

Post by weirdo »

Nice one mate....looks like a fun setup!!...
Few nasty drop in's too!...some things are consistant worldwide
Casey Patelski

Post by Casey Patelski »

Austo, Thanks for the video. Carlos Santana was a nice vibe. Those wave are very similar to River Jettys in SoCal only your waves were much longer.
Very Cool.
COVE PADS,KneeloLab 6-0PoisonDart DeanCleary 3x Cncav Roundtail 5Fin, 6-0 PoisonDart Infinity 3x Cncav Pintail 3 Fin, Blast 5-9StubVector Swallow Quad, 5-9Vartanian Poison Dart 3x Cncav PinTail 3fin, 6-0Flashpoint DoubleBump Swallow & 5-10 WingPin 3fins.
austo

Post by austo »

:shock: White Pointers..oh well just like here at home I guess. Yes its a sandy bottom point but when the swell gets bigger it breaks out from behind the point and joins up with the point in the video which makes for a really really long wave. I never got to see this of course but my footboarder mate saw it happen when he was there. There are lots of other left hand points in the area. Next time will go in the beginning of the season :roll:
Kneelos do it deeper
shew
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by shew »

Was this north or south of Lima. I was there in 79 and we surfed a point in a little fisihing village south of Lima called Cer Azul. It had the same setup as the sunset part, where this Left pt would break between 2 boulders and then reel down the beach. Great Video though.
quadfin

Post by quadfin »

austo wrote::shock: White Pointers..oh well just like here at home I guess. Yes its a sandy bottom point but when the swell gets bigger it breaks out from behind the point and joins up with the point in the video which makes for a really really long wave. I never got to see this of course but my footboarder mate saw it happen when he was there. There are lots of other left hand points in the area. Next time will go in the beginning of the season :roll:
That wave certainly does connect on bigger swells.
Surf Hard Live Slow
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

austo wrote::shock: White Pointers..oh well just like here at home I guess.
Same here :wink: Are White Pointers the same as Great Whites :?:

Thanks for sharing your trip with us 8)
RMcKnee

Post by RMcKnee »

Last edited by RMcKnee on Thu May 28, 2009 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
austo

Post by austo »

Shew it is north of Lima up toward the Ecuador border. :wink:
Whites are making themselves ever present here in the west man was taken in just a few meters of water a week and a half ago just south of Perth. Just got back from south west 2 days ago and a 6meter white was spotted at 3 bears just as I was leaving the track I recieved a text message ,lucky it didnt look that good and I made a decision to check some other breaks :o Every day this week Scarborough beach has been closed here and there due to the new shark spotter chopper flying each day.
Last edited by austo on Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kneelos do it deeper
jim richardson

Post by jim richardson »

Nice video. I would love to surf that spot. Nice Austo 8)
SURFSURFSURF